Toyota CH-R Hybrid service check list 30,000 km and post warrantee oil changes

notrub

03 03 22  My CH-R Hybrid is a few years old but only has 31,000 km on the clock.  I have been taking it in to the dealer where I bought it every 6 months, or so, for the 5,000 km (?) service even when it only had, say, 18,000 km on it.  The dealer is 90 km away but there is Toyota showroom etc. closer to my home.  I assume that I can go there for the service w/o a problem.  But can I just go to my local generic garage where I get my truck repaired to have an oil change for my car?  Will that affect anything to do with Toyota (long term main battery guarantee for example)?

Second question;  Where can I find the check list of what the dealer should do every 5,000 km (or whatever) please?  I looked online but the Hybrid is not listed.  They never give me a list of what they did when I have it serviced only the service point at, say, 50,000 km plus noting the actual km on the odometer (10, 650 km, say) .  And the invoice too, of course.  The last time I went there I had noticed a funny smell b4 I went and remained after the service.  I looked myself an found a well established mouse nest in the A/C filter.  Isn't checking the A/C filter something they should do as a routine during a service session?  Other new cars of many makes that I have owned came with a service book that had pages to be stamped when the service was carried out plus a description of exactly what they did.  It seems not Toyota here in Thailand (we have 2).  Comments gratefully received, Thank you.

Hi there Mr. Friendly.  Thank you.  You are right there it is, the list, tucked away hiding in the manual.  MY A/C filter was never checked, let alone replaced, during the multiple service visits that I took the car in for.  I used to get a form with the bill that had all the service points on it with a check box to show what had been done.  That was Canada, UK and France some time ago so maybe things have changed.  Thanks again. 

About service every 6 months, they said that to me too about my new Civic. But this must be nonsense when you, like me only drive about 7-8k km a year? I thought modern cars had service intervals of 15-20k km. My plan is, yes, after first 6 months, when it will probably have about 4k on the clock, but after that only every year.  

I also miss a service book, but at least I hope I get a receipt showing the actual milage on every service, so I got milage prof when it's time to sell.

Edited by Odinrex

7 minutes ago, Odinrex said:

About service every 6 months, they said that to me too about my new Civic. But this must be nonsense when you, like me only drive about 7-8k km a year? I thought modern cars had service intervals of 15-20k km. My plan is, yes, after first 6 months, when it will probably have about 4k on the clock, but after that only every year.  

I also miss a service book, but at least I hope I get a receipt showing the actual milage on every service, so I got milage prof when it's time to sell.

You know missing a service , Honda will just say your warranty is invalid therefore you pay for everything

• Like 2

5000km seems like a short service interval.  The correct schedule should be detailed in the owners manual or car documentation.  Japanese brands in Thailand tend to use 10,000km / 12 month service interval but the OP would need to check the specific model.  Dealers sometimes encourage additional services for extra business.  

Sadly, stamping service books to record services seems to be disappearing.  Most dealers keep a record in their computer system these days. 

If the dealer is skipping items (like the AC filter), I would be looking for a better dealer.  Personally I would stick to Toyota dealers while the car is under warranty to ensure no arguments about independent mechanics in the event of a warranty claim.  Services are not that expensive and consumer protection is not strong in LOS.   

Ask Toyota for the proper answer. 

Every 5k kms sounds silly.  MG is 10k, silly also, and after the warranty, I'll probably do 20k.  Was told if MG doesn't do the oil change it does violate the warranty.   Free labor anyway, so same price as if someone else did it.

Edited by KhunLA

I bought my CH-R Hybrid when they first came out and paid 1.2M Baht for it.  When it was 2 years old and had 10 or 15,000 on the clock I asked the dealer what they would give me as a trade in for a new 1M Baht car.  They offered me 600,000 Baht.  So much for dealer's service maintaining the value of the car.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 7:29 AM, notrub said:

Hi there Mr. Friendly.  Thank you.  You are right there it is, the list, tucked away hiding in the manual.  MY A/C filter was never checked, let alone replaced, during the multiple service visits that I took the car in for.  I used to get a form with the bill that had all the service points on it with a check box to show what had been done.  That was Canada, UK and France some time ago so maybe things have changed.  Thanks again. 

We took our Toyota to for a service at Toyota for the last time. It's 4 years old, serviced every six months, not actually sure why, but it is.

This time around, they decided to change the new battery (I fitted it a few months ago), then told my wife that a suspension strut was broken and it would need replacing, bill went from 5k, to 13k now to 36k. Wife told them to get lost, paid for the basic service and went to out local BOSCH MMS place.

They laughed, showed her everything was okay and are looking forward to seeing us again in six months (they service our old banger as well).