UWC Thailand petitions against slaughterhouse near school

andreww

I used to live in Romford, Essex. The slaughterhouse was not far from Oldchurch hospital and the smell from the slaughterhouse was disgusting, you could smell the place in the hospital, not giving much inspiration to the patients ????????

I have a friend here and 50 meters from his house someone is now producing charcoal, producing thick black acrid smoke, putting his life and other at risk, he can no longer sleep at night with open windows, and some days he can not stay there, he has submitted a petition from 12 locals but none would go with him to the Amphur office,  in his words ' ''they are scared as the land owner is influential ''  other excuses are the operator is poor. 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have a friend here and 50 meters from his house someone is now producing charcoal, producing thick black acrid smoke, putting his life and other at risk, he can no longer sleep at night with open windows, and some days he can not stay there, he has submitted a petition from 12 locals but none would go with him to the Amphur office,  in his words ' ''they are scared as the land owner is influential ''  other excuses are the operator is poor. 

These days, with the tourist business as it is, people are having to do other things to make money to feed their families. You can't blame them for that, even if it does offend some Westerners.

If Covid had never happened, I'd agree with you, but with the present situation, I don't. Allowances must be made.