Visa conversion

You cannot change the "visa" which is used and no longer relevant. According to the written rules, since you are on a Non Immigrant entry, it should be possible to change the reason for your permission to stay, and receive an extension based on working. In practice, there are immigration officials who will claim it is not possible. If the company is paying, have a lawyer sort it out.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:10 PM, LauChan said:

Thank you.

Situation is, entered visa exempt, covid extensions and now ed visa. If i get job, need to change to b visa. Can it be done in Thailand?

As said before you cannot change non immigrant visa categories while in the country. It can only be done after leaving the country by applying for a new visa at a embassy or entering with tourist visa or visa exempt and applying for a non-b visa at immigration.

I is only possible to change the reason for your extension of stay from education to working.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As said before you can change non immigrant visa categories while in the country. It can only be done after leaveing the country by applying for a new visa at a embassy or entering with tourist visa or visa exempt and applying for a non-b visa at immigration.

I is only possible to change the reason for your extension of stay from education to working.

Thank you. For how long will the extension then be if you change the reason for your extension of stay?