Cheapest USD20,000 COVID only insurance

pasak

that suppose to be health insurance, all medical conditions and accident.

They haven't published the whole policy. Even when downloading brochure, there is only 2 page info graphic.

Probably good enough for entry (if listed on this side), but probably very limited in practise.

I have written to them about 1 year policy, asked for brochure

Edited by internationalism

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

that suppose to be health insurance, all medical conditions and accident.

They haven't published the whole policy. Even when downloading brochure, there is only 2 page info graphic.

Probably good enough for entry (if listed on this side), but probably very limited in practise

Personally I've never bothered with insurance as I've always self-insured. Now I'm over 60 and having never made a claim (against myself) I must be up six figures. As long as the insurance is good enough for entry then that's all I need. Still unsure just because the premiums are so different (THB650 vs THB2,200). I mean, you try googling USD20,000 covid only insurance Thailand. Noone wants to quote, they just want to flog you a whole load of extras.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

this FWD is 4200b per year and 700k covid hospitalisation.

Their competitor, Tune, use to be 15k per year for $100k, later lowered to 7.5k per year in Light version and for $50k cover.

They had a catch - you can enter thailand only once. 

I would think this policy has same catch, probably more.

I have written to my insurance agent to see their comment.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Their competitor, Tune, use to be 15k per year for $100k, later lowered to 7.5k per year in Light version and for $50k cover.

Would be interested to see his comments although I doubt he'll say anything positive about a cheap charlie who undercuts the mainstream insurers. For my part I just want entry with the least cost even though I'll be driving around Issarn over Songkran, which in itself raises my risk profile and thus increases the viability for the non-covid part of AXA's insurance package. I suspect the pickup I hire will come with comprehensive insurance which might, through dual insurance, jeopardize my position in the event of a claim. 

51 minutes ago, internationalism said:

700k cover - absurd.

'Light version' - sad, like a low alcohol beer.

• Confused 1

I've just checked this TQM insurance company. Loads of dodgy reviews. There must be guvmint/immigration investors behind it. "...lied to me...others had experienced the same", "purchases private information to solicit customers", "sent 8,000 bht and no response for two months, think I have lost it", "very unprofessional, barely speak sense" LOL & TIT

insurer in FWD. The TQM are just brokers.

Buy directly from FWD or some other, reputable broker.

FWD doesn't quote covid policies on their website, to have to send them enquiry

https://www.fwdgi.co.th/product_covid.php

I got reply from my insurer:

"... the plan from FWD sounds good as that is a good price. We unfortunately do not sell any plans from FWD. We only have MSIG and they are more expensive than FWD."

Edited by internationalism

8 hours ago, pasak said:

700k cover - absurd.

'Light version' - sad, like a low alcohol beer.

no, average hospitalisation for covid is some 300k (thai includes the governmental and private) - according to dr Anutin.

If symptomatic with intubation, ventilation or ICU, and for weeks, that might exceed 700k (some $20k).

Light version was good enough for T&G (covering $50k, instead of an earlier $100k).

if you are staying in thailand for long/permanently you might think of 1 year policy for 4200b than just one month for 650b.

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

no, average hospitalisation for covid is some 300k (thai includes the governmental and private) - according to dr Anutin.

If symptomatic with intubation, ventilation or ICU, and for weeks, that might exceed 700k (some $20k).

Light version was good enough for T&G (covering $50k, instead of an earlier $100k).

if you are staying in thailand for long/permanently you might think of 1 year policy for 4200b than just one month for 650b.

Yes sorry, I realized later that 700k equates to USD20k so about right. I'll look at FWD. 

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

insurer in FWD. The TQM are just brokers.

Buy directly from FWD or some other, reputable broker.

FWD doesn't quote covid policies on their website, to have to send them enquiry

https://www.fwdgi.co.th/product_covid.php

I got reply from my insurer:

"... the plan from FWD sounds good as that is a good price. We unfortunately do not sell any plans from FWD. We only have MSIG and they are more expensive than FWD."

I've messaged FWD asking for best price for minimum required covid cover for 30 days TP. If no luck I will go with AXA along with the lemmings (THB2,200).  

1 hour ago, Conrad65 said:

Just purchased 30 day cover from FWD through TQM using this secure link https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

ThB 650 using international debit card and two step verification.

Yes FWD and TQM is the same policy, same price. THB 650 for basic, THB1,700 for fancy. AXA is about THB2,200 but includes addl cover. FWD are responsive, will probably deal with them for the THB650 cover. 

Just needed bare bones basic to cover entry requirements. I'm fully vaccinated, plus booster, and recent recovery from Covid - I'll just need to hope I don't end up in so called 'close contact' from flight or airport transfer ????

7 hours ago, Conrad65 said:

I'll just need to hope I don't end up in so called 'close contact' from flight or airport transfer

You can do more than hope if you’re interested.

Edited by Harveyg

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

So if i want travel to Thailand and apply for the Thailand pass then i can buy online a Covid-19 insurance from abroad for one month from AXA? And i will see how where to buy that insurance  once I apply for that Thailand pass or?

You must buy the insurance policy first, before applying for Thailand Pass. When you apply for TP, you'll need to attach (upload) a copy of the coverage certificate as part of your application.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrDave said:

You must buy the insurance policy first, before applying for Thailand Pass. When you apply for TP, you'll need to attach (upload) a copy of the coverage certificate as part of your application.

Thanks, anyone has a link of the axa insurance. Their policy for 2200 bht does it also includes coverage for personal accidents etc besides corona?

28 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thanks, anyone has a link of the axa insurance. Their policy for 2200 bht does it also includes coverage for personal accidents etc besides corona?

Link to AXA insurance:

https://www.axa.co.th/en/axa-sawasdee-thailand-travel-insurance .

Coverage includes 750,000THB accident/sickness (including COVID-19), 850,000THB 3rd party liability and 1,000,000THB accidental death, murder!, dismemberment.  Higher/additional coverage is also available.

Like nearly all insurance, it does not cover hotel quarantine costs or hospitalization that is not medically necessary.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Link to AXA insurance:

Coverage includes 750,000THB accident/sickness (including COVID-19), 850,000THB 3rd party liability and 1,000,000THB accidental death, murder!, dismemberment.  Higher/additional coverage is also available.

Like nearly all insurance, it does not cover hotel quarantine costs or hospitalization that is not medically necessary.

Great and so this can be purchased by the month and from abroad prior on getting the Thailand pass.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:29 AM, DrDave said:

Link to AXA insurance:

why wont they let you take it out if in Thailand? no other company has this rule

So I'm coming to Thailand on 31 March (yes, just missing the change). I'm trying to get the Covid insurance, but have faced a problem. I tried MSIG and opted for the 30-day policy for 1,770 baht. However, when I clicked on the pay button, the site went dead.  Does anyone have a clue as to what was going on?

Meanwhile, I'd like to get the Axa insurance. However, for a 30-day policy the cheapest I could find online was 3,350 baht. I didn't see the famed 2,200 baht insurance that has been mentioned several times in this thread. Am I being charged more due to my age (74)? Again, any idea what's happening here?

all insurance covers symptomatic 39C for minimum 24h, breath rate 25 per minute. Nothing covers mild and asymptomatic. That's since 15.02,

Get on top of the game with recovery certificate - covers for 90 days. Very large part already had omicron, just didn't bother with reporting and getting medical record 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

all insurance covers symptomatic 39C for minimum 24h, breath rate 25 per minute. Nothing covers mild and asymptomatic. That's since 15.02,

Get on top of the game with recovery certificate - covers for 90 days. Very large part already had omicron, just didn't bother with reporting and getting medical record 

Great response.  Thanks for your time.