Getting the 400 000 soon for Non O, how to stay until then?

Hi,

I'm currently on covid extension after a non O based upon marriage.

My extension will end on 19 March, I will get the 400 000 needed for Non O between now and 30 March.

I will try to get another covid extension and explain that I'm going to get the money but I need a bit time. If they don't accept what are my option?

- Could I go and back to get a 30 days visa exempt and what would be the best place to go? do I need a covid insurance?

- Can I get 3 months Non O marriage without the proof of funds? what insurance are required? (I have a French insurance CFE but no covid coverage)

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit you wife since your last entry to the country with a visa? If no you can apply for one.

You will not be able to get a covid 19 extension.

The 400k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You need to transfer the 400k baht before the 19th when the 60 day extension will start.

You cannot apply for another non-o visa within the country. It can only be applied for if you entered on a tourist visa or visa exempt.

If you left and entered the country visa exempt you could apply for a non-o visa since the 400k baht only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply.

I can't remember if I took an extension to visit my wife since I got my non o visa, I got it on 14 February 2020 just when covid started then I don't remember if I took a covid extension after 3 months or visit my wife. How can I check this? is there a mention on the stamp?

Also could I get a marriage visa without fund and then extend once I get the fund?

Ok I see the covid 19 mention in Thai, but I have no stamps from 13 May to 24 September 2020, I don't understand.

So I have 2 stamps missing and I don't know if it's covid extension or visit my wife. No page missing, just no stamps, weird.

Edited by Lolothai

35 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Ok I see the covid 19 mention in Thai, but I have no stamps from 13 May to 24 September 2020, I don't understand.

You would of been under the amnesty that was in effect then.

A 60 day extension to visit your wife would have a stamp under it mentioning  immigration order 327/2557 and clause 2.24 for it.

My wife is at the immigration asking, she is working not far.

Please could you tell me if it's possible to get 3 months non O visa without funds?

It's going to be expensive to go anywhere with all the covid requirement.

They also told us some time ago that for non O visa when you have kids the requirement is to hold the fund only 1 month.

10 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Please could you tell me if it's possible to get 3 months non O visa without funds?

No and as I wrote you would not be able to apply for one since you entered the country with one.

If you apply for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. Some offices might do it that way if you are married and have children.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No and as I wrote you would not be able to apply for one since you entered the country with one.

If you apply for a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. Some offices might do it that way if you are married and have children.

I meant outside of Thailand, like Cambodia.

My wife just contacted me and told me it's all good, indeed as you said I can get an extension to visit my wife. They will also help if there is a bit time missing.

Apparently I don't need to get out of the country to get the Non O visa with the funds.

So I will get 2 months extension (probably visit my wife) then make a Non O visa with the funds. They told us to prepare all the documents next week even if we don't have the funds there yet.

Thank you again Ubon Joe

53 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

I meant outside of Thailand, like Cambodia.

My wife just contacted me and told me it's all good, indeed as you said I can get an extension to visit my wife. They will also help if there is a bit time missing.

Apparently I don't need to get out of the country to get the Non O visa with the funds.

So I will get 2 months extension (probably visit my wife) then make a Non O visa with the funds. They told us to prepare all the documents next week even if we don't have the funds there yet.

I thought you were asking about doing it at immigration again. Phnom Phen only mentions a bank statement but no amount is mentioned so I assume it is the standard 20k baht needed for any visa.

It seems you on track to get you 60 day extension and the one year extension done.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I thought you were asking about doing it at immigration again. Phnom Phen only mentions a bank statement but no amount is mentioned so I assume it is the standard 20k baht needed for any visa.

It seems you on track to get you 60 day extension and the one year extension done.

at Phnom Phen they don't require the 400 000 bahts fund proof to get non O immigrant visa based upon marriage?

1 hour ago, Lolothai said:

at Phnom Phen they don't require the 400 000 bahts fund proof to get non O immigrant visa based upon marriage?

As I wrote the amount is not mentioned. It only states a bank statement is needed.

Many embassies and official consulates have the same wording and they accepted 20k baht or more.