Rights activist’s concern as the trial of Ferrari Joe begins in Bangkok for killing of a drugs suspect

webfact

14 hours ago, koele2 said:

Don’t worry.  It’s all been decided and agreed upon beforehand.  Money has been exchanged, the police officers fate is already set.  We just won’t know what they agreed to until the verdict and punishment is revealed.  Or maybe the higher ups decided even this couldn’t be swept under the rug.  Either way, the decision has probably been made, and we won’t find out what it is until later.

If we find out at all and whether it is true or not

11 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but since this murder took place it’s taken a long time just to bring it to trial whereas the two Burmese lads who were found guilty of murder on the island of Koh Tao was done and dusted within a couple of months 

Have to work out the fine detail first if you know what I mean !

On 3/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, pacovl46 said:

Not really. First degree means it was either planned, deliberate or willful and that was most definitely not the case. It was torture gone wrong and I hope he rots in prison for the next 25 years.

You presume it wasn't deliberate, word on the ground says otherwise, i.e. that Ferrari Joe was a big time dealer in his province, he controlled everything when it came to drugs and that this poor fellow was dealing in his turf and he wanted to send out a clear message, come and deal in my turf and you will end up dead.

One might say that the word on the ground is just that and won't end up in court because there is no basis on hearsay, but let's think about it, he managed to get the dealer to agree to pay million baht to get let off, but then he increased it to 2 million, in other words he had no intention of letting this guy live, and his colleagues all knew it was the end for this guy, why else wouldn't they intervene and go along with it, all the way to the hospital, telling the Dr to put it down as a drug overdose which he did.

Corrupt to the core and he deserves the death penalty along with his colleagues, worst case scenario 25 year for his colleagues for not intervening. 

While were at it, throw his lawyer in there as well.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, crazykopite said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but since this murder took place it’s taken a long time just to bring it to trial whereas the two Burmese lads who were found guilty of murder on the island of Koh Tao was done and dusted within a couple of months 

Well thats because they are prosecuting an ex RTP member and quite obviously there are peers of his involved, especially in the scam of selling illegally imported high end cars that were stolen in neighbouring countries and needed the help of officials from both in Thailand and those neighbouring countries in order for it to work!!!! Need I say anymore!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, Banana7 said:

The court should find Joe guilty of man slaughter, at a minimum, jailed for 25 years, no chance of parole for 15 years, to send a strong signal to RTP the actions shown on the video are 100% wrong. The RTP need to be held to higher standards than the general public because they are in a trusted special position. This trial also talks to the lack of oversight by Joe's superior's and blind sight of his massive acquisition of assets.

I support the maximum penalty, a death sentence, to really send the shivers into the spines of all RTP. Let them appeal that sentence, while Joe is held in maximum security prison.

The trial needs to be fully transparent with news media and all third party categories in attendance. No hiding how justice is served in Thailand. Maybe even recorded as a video and posted on Youtube.

Remember where you are!

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You presume it wasn't deliberate, word on the ground says otherwise, i.e. that Ferrari Joe was a big time dealer in his province, he controlled everything when it came to drugs and that this poor fellow was dealing in his turf and he wanted to send out a clear message, come and deal in my turf and you will end up dead.

One might say that the word on the ground is just that and won't end up in court because there is no basis on hearsay, but let's think about it, he managed to get the dealer to agree to pay million baht to get let off, but then he increased it to 2 million, in other words he had no intention of letting this guy live, and his colleagues all knew it was the end for this guy, why else wouldn't they intervene and go along with it, all the way to the hospital, telling the Dr to put it down as a drug overdose which he did.

Corrupt to the core and he deserves the death penalty along with his colleagues, worst case scenario 25 year for his colleagues for not intervening. 

While were at it, throw his lawyer in there as well.

I don't believe it was deliberate because there would've been much better ways to get rid of him without it leading back to the cops. They could've just gunned him down on the street somewhere. People getting killed while in police custody never shines a good light on cops. And getting rid of someone you killed while he's in your custody involves a lot of moving pieces. It pretty much would have had to have been sqnctioned by the top brass and it would simply be too much effort and hassle to pull off for such a low priority target. Looking at the mess it created for him, he lost his cars, his mansion, his money and a big chunk of his life, if he even makes it out alive that is, tells me that it wasn't planned that way at all.

3 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I don't believe it was deliberate because there would've been much better ways to get rid of him without it leading back to the cops. They could've just gunned him down on the street somewhere. People getting killed while in police custody never shines a good light on cops. And getting rid of someone you killed while he's in your custody involves a lot of moving pieces. It pretty much would have had to have been sqnctioned by the top brass and it would simply be too much effort and hassle to pull off for such a low priority target. Looking at the mess it created for him, he lost his cars, his mansion, his money and a big chunk of his life, if he even makes it out alive that is, tells me that it wasn't planned that way at all.

I can agree with one thing, we will never know.