Transitioning from a non-immigrant O to a tourist visa

Hello and good morning.  I am currently on a volunteer visa non O which will be coming to an end in July.  I would like to stay longer in Thailand.  Is it possible to get a tourist visa while in Thailand before my current visa expires so I can stay longer?

I'm also looking into the hand to hand combat ED visa but would prefer to do one or two tourist visas at a much cheaper price to get me another 3-6 months.

thanks in advance for any insight and recommendations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rapidwtr said:

.  I am currently on a volunteer visa non O which will be coming to an end in July

As pointed out the tourist visa not available inside Thailand.

The good news is that your current permit is till end of July.

We would hope by then that land border would be open.

Best to obtain a tourist visa at nearby country. 

That can be extended by 30 days.

Depending on cost of ticket to your own country, you could consider return there and obtain a METV if they are available in home country Thai consulate. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kelboy said:

Borders should all be open  by then as the Malaysia border is opening April 1 ,so you could go across the border and come back and get 30 days. 

That's correct.

I guess he needs decide border bounce and visa exempt 30 day entry that can be extended or obtain tourist visa.

IMO TV his best option TV. 

8 hours ago, rapidwtr said:

thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it.  

I don't know what they quoted you for hand to hand, but I'm on Non O Volunteer and after 80 hours of emergency search to stay in country, 

and after countless rejections to get this done while still staying IN country

I found an agency and school (or I should say I answered every FB visa ad served up to me) who can offer ED visas for 25k for 3 months, 35k for 6 months, and 40k for 9 months.

Keep checking.  Offers vary from region to region .  As soon as I quit checking local, I found plenty of solutions.

they also change daily AND DISAPPEAR daily.  EX.  When I applied I was getting a 1 year for 50k, Then over the weekend and before I was approved,  the immigration department terminated 12 months for English speaking countries and I had to take the 9 month visa instead.

Save you lot of time...don't search any agencies in Jomtien/Pattaya.  This office wants us out.