Bitkub - Intrusive KYC.

phetphet

Unless you are an ISP yourself. You just have no experience with bulletproof hostings and that's why you are so certain.

TheTorrentBay just tried to play legit that's why they tried to host in Sweden or Iceland instead of the real bulletproof locations.

18 hours ago, fdsa said:

Unless you are an ISP yourself. You just have no experience with bulletproof hostings and that's why you are so certain.

TheTorrentBay just tried to play legit that's why they tried to host in Sweden or Iceland instead of the real bulletproof locations.

well, I am in position to tell you that 'bulletproof hostings' does not exist. It might be marketed as such, pure marketing deception by some ISPs, it simply doesn't exist in technical terms. It's a myth.

You are free to believe in the tooth fairy though ????

and the "bullet proof domain", maybe you missed the MegaUpload saga, guess that didn't work either ????

Does being a former CTO of an ISP be enough for you? ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

18 hours ago, fdsa said:

they never went legit, not sure where you get your news, they were 'fleeing' the actions of 'bullet proof' ISPs, and were hosted in a secret location somewhere in a EU country, using some kind of VLANs between the ISPs switches and their own switches in a bay in their secret location (rumor says it was the basement of the EU parliament)

and the IP pool was managed by some internal EU tech team for the EU parliament IT resources, and at the time, it was protected under some free EU speech directive. You couldn't get more 'bullet proof' than that. It was an IT white paper in itself.

Eventually, even that didn't work and they had to run again,

Edited by GrandPapillon

4 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

they never went legit, not sure where you get your news, they were 'fleeing' the actions of 'bullet proof' ISPs, and were hosted in a secret location somewhere in a EU country, using some kind of VLANs between the ISPs switches and their own switches in a bay in their secret location (rumor says it was the basement of the EU parliament)

and the IP pool was managed by some internal EU tech team for the EU parliament IT resources, and at the time, it was protected under some free EU speech directive. You couldn't get more 'bullet proof' than that. It was an IT white paper in itself.

Eventually, even that didn't work and they had to run again,

I'm entirely perplexed how the discussion point has changed to a image on the bitkub kyc page referring to a invoice for hosting, sure they used the wrong image descriptive, but it's kinda silly to carry on a discussion about a non-issue?

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I'm entirely perplexed how the discussion point has changed to a image on the bitkub kyc page referring to a invoice for hosting, sure they used the wrong image descriptive, but it's kinda silly to carry on a discussion about a non-issue?

it was a tangent, still an interesting issue :)

7 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

well, I am in position to tell you that 'bulletproof hostings' does not exist. It might be marketed as such, pure marketing deception by some ISPs, it simply doesn't exist in technical terms. It's a myth.

and I am in position to tell you that "bulletproof hostings" do exist, you just don't know how it works in the real world.

and the "bullet proof domain", maybe you missed the MegaUpload saga, guess that didn't work either ????

I guess it was a ".com"? There are zones which registrars ignore any abuse reports because they simply do not speak English, as well as zones which registrars throw away any legal letters coming from the US.

Does being a former CTO of an ISP be enough for you? ????

I've met several people with the loud titles who didn't know their stuff so yet another one does not really impress.

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

I've met several people with the loud titles who didn't know their stuff so yet another one does not really impress.

absolutely and I have met so many claiming to be hackers or super tech guys on every topics, and yet were unable to write a simple shell script ????

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

I guess it was a ".com"? There are zones which registrars ignore any abuse reports because they simply do not speak English, as well as zones which registrars throw away any legal letters coming from the US.

right, but the top level (ex: .cz) will have people speak English and they will be delisted from the root country servers eventually, and when that happens, suddenly they will act.

ok, list the domain providers that are 'bullet proot' and I will review them, objectively.

13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

ok I will take the bait, list them here and let's review them. Or they are not real ????

sorry, I'm not sharing my jabber contacts in public :)

13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

ok, list the domain providers that are 'bullet proot' and I will review them, objectively.

try bizcn.com for .cn domains and reg.ru for .su domains

On 3/23/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Do feel free to elaborate.

KYC comes under AML regulations
many exchanges now want to know the source of funds

especially for high volume traders
Bittrex asked for allsorts from myself
been that way for a while now, Bitkub just catching up
be sure to download all trading activity periodicly
some exchanges only store it for 3 months,
history can also get deleted when exchanges update systems

Edited by patman30

On 3/23/2022 at 10:10 PM, fdsa said:

and I am in position to tell you that "bulletproof hostings" do exist, you just don't know how it works in the real world.

Something will be released this year
that blows everything wide open

(apologies for being vague nothing is public yet)

22 minutes ago, cantdrive55 said:

What's the best option besides bitkub for Thai citizens who want to get into small holdings in crypto?  Are all exchanges a pain in the <deleted> like bitkub?   

I have been using Satang for just over a year and so far so good. Very convenient sending fiat via promptpay from my Thai bank accounts.

I tried to register on Bitkub at that time and after many back and forth emails with me sending more info to them, they finally rejected me for no logical reason. Also tried Zipmex and they refused me from the start for being a toxic US passport holder.

By the way - you might try Kucoin as I got kyc approved through them. I cannot link any bank accounts with them but I can send crypto and stablecoins to my account and withdrawal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/4/2023 at 6:18 PM, YaDongImproved said:

The SEC of Thailand can receive complaints about Bitkub.

You can submit a complaint at complaintATsec.or.th

The matter is also in front of the South Civil Court in Bangkok.

Thank you, I will send them a complaint.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, phetphet said:

What if you remove all holdings from Bitkub and store them on a hard wallet? Where does that leave you?

Also I noticed that if you make an error filling in the questionnaire, you cannot go back to alter it.

What if you have funds on Bitkub and send to Crypto.com and use your card to buy a car?