BKK-INCH-SEA-ANCH (ALASKA) - Covid-19???

glegolo18

I have a young girl here that is going to work/study in Anchorage, Alaska leaving here 29th of march and stay for 3 months... Tickets bought all good there.....

But big worries now about the covid situation and what the demands are to enter the USA??

I checked the airline (Asiana Airline) who states in text the following;

"[COVID-19 PCR Test Time Update] The negative PCR test must be taken within 48 hours before departure date from 20 Jan 2022".

That is stated in the ticket, so that is understood. but what is unclear is still, what is the rules for being able to enter the USA??

Anybody who knows, or can tell me where to find information about this??

Many thanks for you help guys...

glegolo

I did read this on the embassy (USA) website:

***  Effective December 6, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel.  Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel.  Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.

Does this mean what??? Does it mean that it is OK if the girl take a test one calenderday before leaving Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi),  is that OK you think???

glegolo

Not to hijack this thread but what about returning to Thailand? Is the negative test 24-48 hrs before departure from the states or entry into Thailand? I ask because we leave on the morning of the 12th (US Time Zone) and land on the 14th (Thailand Time Zone)

16 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

I have a young girl here that is going to work/study in Anchorage, Alaska

Citizenship/passport country?

Vaccination status?

One single ticket BKK-ANC?

And how young? 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

Well wishes on her travels.  Inchon is a nice airport.   Much better than sea.  May I inquire on flight cost bkk to sea?

End destination is Anchorage, Alaska and price was 43.915 baht in total, I have not 

price for Incheon unfortunately NOT specified,

glegolo

Edited by glegolo18

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

She is 18 years of age,

Thai national/thai passport

2 approved shots as per list

have tickets both turn as well as return 3 months later...

This trip is being arranged by their school...

thnks for the links..

glegolo