Can anyone tell me, please, in our Solar System, how many Planets there might be? Two? 12? 152? NONE?

12 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I sent this out to the ladies of ill repute in my contacts list.

Here are the replies so far:

54. Any more questions?????!

I don't know × 7

Why? × 5

I don't know. Pay me and I tell you.

No time for blah blah.

52 and one more day

What? ×3

<deleted>

Hi

Ho

Day off 5555555

I looking for sexy cam

2019 = 52 week

52 I think

Idk why?

Around 52

48, right?

You miss me?

Am fine

Here's a tidbit that might explain some of the answers you got...... and almost guaranteed to rankle any women who happens to be reading along. 555!

A "typical" menstrual cycle is 28 days. Some are longer and some are shorter, of course. But "typical" is 28 days. 

That means that in a year, the "typical" woman will have 13  "periods," not 12. It's shocking how many women don't know this! They think........ once a month = 12.

Thus, if your "survey respondents" were thinking 4 weeks x 12 months........ it might explain why so many answered "48."

When I've mentioned this to women in America, I've gotten denials, scoffed-at, laughed-at. I've also occasionally been agreed with, when it was clear they didn't actually believe what I was saying. 

What's been rare has been the woman who says, "Sure, everybody knows that!" 555 Because it's been pretty clear from the answers I've received over the years ........ that most women don't! 

(Dunno. Maybe it's dreading the idea of having one more "period" each year than they thought, even though the physical reality is the same as it's always been? Can't say! 555! ) 

Cheers! 

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

A planet is a planet if it:

1. orbits a star;

2. has enough gravity to be round;

3. and clears its own surroundings.

Has nothing really to do with size.

Ceres, Pluto, Eris all have the points of 1 and 2 and yet they were regarded as planets at one time in the past.

Size has got to do with the planets because only a big planet can completely clear its orbit of any other debris.

Only a big enough planet has sufficient gravity to pull in all other debris in its orbit. 

Ceres, Pluto, Eris are too small to clear the debris in its path.

Edited by EricTh

I could rarely be bothered to reply as you manage to spam the whole pub thread relentlessly with your drivel.

But my question would be how many children do you have in school in Thailand or who often do you comminicate with the school children in Thailand that you seem to be so quick to denigrate? I imagine it must be a significant amount for you to comment, right? Or are you just blowing bubbles out your rectum as usual?  I have 2 daughters 8 and 6 im school here and we have spent many hours covering the school curriculum on geography, astronomy, planets and our place in the solar system. Seasons, phases of the moon and its effect on tides and weather.

So could you please elaborate on all the dumb asians you have met recently amd your discussions with them? Actually dont bother .....

• Like 2

Pluto will always be a planet to me.  Redefining the definition of, doesn't work with me.  It's big, revolves around the sun and has moons.   That's enough for me.

Same as redefining 'vaccine' so big pharma doesn't have to accept reliabilities.  Or rewriting history to satisfy special interest groups.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Yet, in order to visit the Pleiades Star Cluster, traveling at the speed of light, you could make this short journey in 450 years.

Common misconception. Travelling at SoL, you would be there typically instantaneously. Photons do not ’do’ time—experiencing extreme time dilation as they do. This is a main tenet of special relativity and there are real world calculations for how shorter distances appear to become the closer one approaches that if light. 

But, yes, not just Thais, few people anywhere have a grasp of the planets let alone the universe at large. We’re collectively too enamoured with making money, blowing one another up or destroying nature. It is a sad state of affairs really. 

Fav planet, outside our own beautiful globe of course, would be Venus. She had so much potential. Jupiter & Saturn moons also potential. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Common misconception. Travelling at SoL, you would be there typically instantaneously. Photons do not ’do’ time—experiencing extreme time dilation as they do. This is a main tenet of special relativity and there are real world calculations for how shorter distances appear to become the closer one approaches that if light. 

Its also a common misconception that photons don't experience time, since photons do not have a rest frame. All inertial observers measure light in a vaccum travelling at C and it takes a finite time from emission to your eye or whatever. It is true that travel times will be reduced close to c but that is mostly due to length contraction where the space in front of you is contracted making the distance traveled shorter. Time for those travelers will still be flowing at 1 second per second.