Cancelled Flight

2 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

And what happens normally?
Do i get only 7 day stamp or i pay overstay>What is likely to happen then?

I dont have any experience about that.Anyway better you talk with IMM.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

And what happens normally?
Do i get only 7 day stamp or i pay overstay>What is likely to happen then?

Immigration people will tell you what options you have for extending your permit based on your specific situation.  What visa did you have when you entered Thailand?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Immigration people will tell you what options you have for extending your permit based on your specific situation.  What visa did you have when you entered Thailand?

Non-O single entree + already used the 60 day extension visiting wife

• Sad 1

The solution of course is not to leave it up the very last day to leave the country. 

Give yourself some space. 

If possible, ensure you are with a reliable airline that doesn’t have a recent history of flight cancellations.

IF an airline cancels your flight a refund can be claimed.

Thus: IF they are not putting on another flight within your existing ‘visa / extension time frame’ get another flight (this doesn’t help much if your existing flight was cheap - but then that is the risk with cheap tickets). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, stigar said:

You should go to IMM asap and bring with you the proof of ur cancel fligth

Can this be done at the airport? Nearby? Any Immigration office? The office where you last resided? The office which granted to your current permission to stay?

Seems like if it's the OP's last day they are probably on their way to, or already at, the airport (BKK presumably)?

quote:

I cant go within 1 week back and due to this problem i must stay a while

How long is "a while"?

Are there other flights? When is the next flight? Are we talking about a country affected by war, invasion, natural disaster?

Which airline? What was the reason for the cancellation? Have they offered a rebooking?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Go to the immigration office get the 7 day application for extension denied stamp for 1900 baht that gives you a week to get out. You will pay overstay at 500 baht a day until you get that stamp.

Unfortunately, you do not qualify for a 60 day covid extension because you entered on a non immigrant type visa.

When the new 60 day covid program started on Jan 26th it specifically stated no non imm visa or extension holders could get a covid extension.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Do you think he has a possibility of applying for a "unable to travel" extension for this case

I missed the number of days he needs for new flight. 

As mentioned by tod above and uj he can apply for (eg covid extension) have it rejected and receive 7 day stamp to get out of dodge. 1900 baht. 

The only thing I can think of (if number of days required is longer) would be to use agent.

All I can think of for agent would be medical extension. 

some folk just pay overstay on departure. 

• Thanks 1

I was just wondering what to do
What happens and what i do IF the airline........................
Thanks for so many advice
I am a little concerned that my flight will be cancelled due to the situation in Ukraine
For the time being there are some flights cancelled already by this airline (FINNAIR)
I will leave Thailand and my wife for some month.I will leave on my last permit day 19 march in the evening.
I think this is the best option for me (i was thinking do a Flight run to Cambodia)
I will take care some issues in my country and return 2,5 month later with a brand new NON-O single entree
Thx for your replies (i am still here,my friends!)

• Like 1

Just now, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I am a little concerned that my flight will be cancelled due to the situation in Ukraine
For the time being there are some flights cancelled already by this airline (FINNAIR)
I will leave Thailand and my wife for some month.I will leave on my last permit day 19 march in the evening.
I think this is the best option for me (i was thinking do a Flight run to Cambodia)
I will take care some issues in my country and return 2,5 month later with a brand new NON-O single entree

lol I was just about to suggest a visa run to the 'Bodja ????

Think immigration will say cancelled flight or postponed flight is your problem not theirs…I think they will say you are on an overstay so you should take care of immediately paying overstay or get on another flight or airline asap..,

problem with border run is you don’t have a Thai pass in your hand for entry….fly out asap 

Edited by cardinalblue

33 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Think immigration will say cancelled flight or postponed flight is your problem not theirs…I think they will say you are on an overstay so you should take care of immediately paying overstay or get on another flight or airline asap..,

problem with border run is you don’t have a Thai pass in your hand for entry….fly out asap 

Another thing is that get a thaipass approved can take 10 days.My thai friend was stucked in germany because she didnt get her QR-code before her fligth back to BKK.She had to wait 3 more days before she could fly back.I used a company to ge my thaipass.It took 3 workingdays before it was approved.I used a company because of all the scams in the thaipassystem.It was worth it.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Finnair is very unlikely to stop flying the hel-bkk route unless thai authorities tell so. . Might have changes on how many times a week they fly but completely stop flying I do not see happening. They re routed the flight to go around Ukraine, flight time a bit longer due to that. 

Yes they stopped most of flights to China due to denied access to Russian airspace. But that does not impact flights to Bangkok. 

12 hours ago, mran66 said:

Finnair is very unlikely to stop flying the hel-bkk route

Agreed.

AY144 has departed BKK daily for quite a while including the last seven days, with last evening's departure currently over the Black Sea.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay144#2b1a64c3

Not seeing an issue on 19 March but obviously anything can happen.