Looking for advice on visa run

On 3/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, at15 said:

Only countries actually open right now (no test/quarantine, same as 2019)

Costa Rica

Denmark

Bahrain

Dominican Republic

El Salvador

Ireland

Iceland

Hungary

Mexico

Jordan

Norway

Romania

Slovenia

Add Sri Lanka to that list

21 hours ago, BritTim said:

The 25k extension is likely a highly dubious medical extension that I would stay away from unless you have absolutely no other option. I can imagine this being frowned upon to an even greater extent than the shady volunteer visa/extension.

If the 40k option is for an informal school, be very sure the agent can really come through. As commented already by someone else, this option is normally not open past the 12 month anniversary of your arrival in Thailand.

they are all ED visas thru a school, with classes.  They also had a 65k Business visa option.

I can honestly no longer tell heads or tails from what would be the "real" answer to your last statement.  

That's not me arguing you, it's just that I've had 40 different experts tell me 40 different things.

I can tell you one thing specific though, getting outside of Jomtien immigration opened up a slew of other visa/extension possibilities that supposedly "do not exist" according to everyone in this area.

17 hours ago, Mikeheo said:

It's a 90 day non immigrant visa for the purpose of applying for a school, job or retirement, to give extra time required to do so. The extension is completely legit but of course because only one office is offering it, it's up to you to make your own conclusions. It's not based on a medical stay though.

What did that cost if I may ask?  

8 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

That's not me arguing you, it's just that I've had 40 different experts tell me 40 different things.

Your comments are absolutely fine. One big problem is sorting out the exact starting point when evaluating your options. There are options only available if you are on a regular tourist entry (TR visa or visa exempt). There are very limited options if on a visa-on-arrival or Special Tourist Visa. There are restrictions depending on how long you have already been in Thailand. There can be complications aside from this, notably the exception taken to many higher ups in Immigration to the shady volunteer visas offered in 2020.

Most people here are trying to help, but there is a lot of ignorance present. Also, individual immigration offices can be more or less friendly towards those trying to extend their stays.

It does not help when people refer to "extensions of permission to stay" as "visas" and vice versa.

Anyway, good luck in finding a solution that is appropriate to your situation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...