Can someone loot my online BOA bank account if they have my SS# and bank acct number?

2 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Always assume that they can and then take immediate steps to prevent it.  

Yes such as freezing your card and setting your payment limits to zero. Can be done on line but you have to remember to reset when you want to make a payment

Should not be possible, plus you should have listed security questions and answers with your accounts like middle name of father, first dogs name,  city you met your wife ,  ect. If you have not done that do it now.

• Thanks 1

If you are using a new smartphone or computer to login with a password, the bank of America server will not allow it to pass. They ask you to first " remember my device " establish your device. To do this step they might send you an email to your email account on file. Next they may ask you your challenge questions.  If you satisfy these they will log you in and ask you if you want the server to remember the device. If you agree they leave cookies behind in your device so that next time you login you are good to go.  After 3 failed attempts using the wrong password the server permanently locks you out from online banking until you call them on phone to verify your identity.   

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

Next they may ask you your challenge questions.

BofA replaced their three security questions (favorite pizza topping) ages ago with out of band OTPs.

High value transactions, over $1,000, require one-time authorization codes (voice, SMS, security key - which replaced the older SafePass card).

There are at least ten (10) security features which should be enabled with BofA.

Still unclear on the OP's specific concern(s)? Is it that someone could get online access to their account and then transfer money out to another account (ACH, SWIFT, Zelle)? ATM card loss? Credit card fraud? Did the OP get some dark-web service/alert?

There is one hole, when using WISE you need to allow a third-party service (PLAID) to access your account, but still with multiple points of security. After the transaction you can disable this access.  

With proper set-up, and monitoring, you should be as safe as you can be. If any concern I might change the PW and/or username. And use the mobile app. And implement 2FA for log-in. 

Edited by mtls2005