Genetics And Thai – Farang Children

bdenner

This observation came up the other day whilst a few of us were discussing some family matters over a beer. As more and more Thai – Farang couples here are having children one thing has become apparent - Not one child out of some 16 we know has a Farang nose and knowing their fathers, in most cases, all I can say is lucky them. Most all of the children have the other characteristics:- Skin hair eye color (don’t know about the nipples as bought up in another thread), smaller ears etc.

Is this the case in your locality?

I guess their mothers are not to pleased then, given that a Farang Noze is considered desirable in Thailand - To the extent that very many Thai models, pop stars, movie stars and Thais with cash to spare will have their nozes remodled to the Farang shape (what ever that is).

Heh, the collective Thai side of my family was seriously worried about the nose of my daughter. Even after showing pictures of MYSELF aged 1 and MY MOTHER aged 1 (both without any nose bridge to speak of at that age) , they're still unsure. :o

Well.. it don't bother me and it definitely doesn't bother my daughter. :D

Edited by chanchao

This observation came up the other day whilst a few of us were discussing some family matters over a beer. As more and more Thai – Farang couples here are having children one thing has become apparent - Not one child out of some 16 we know has a Farang nose and knowing their fathers, in most cases, all I can say is lucky them. Most all of the children have the other characteristics:- Skin hair eye color (don't know about the nipples as bought up in another thread), smaller ears etc.

Is this the case in your locality?

Most babys (ferang or thai) are born with monkey little noses and they grow as they mature.  If a child has a big nose early onthen it is likely to be a real conk later in life.  Why are you observing childrens nipples anway :o

• 2 weeks later...

My thai wife has just had our first baby and to everyone's dimay he appears to have a tiny thai nose. All the rest of his characteristics are the same as mine, blue eyes, brown hair etc. The fact that my nose looked identical to his until i was 9 years old seems to be totally ignored!

My thai wife has just had our first baby and to everyone's dimay he appears to have a tiny thai nose. All the rest of his characteristics are the same as mine, blue eyes, brown hair etc. The fact that my nose looked identical to his until i was 9 years old seems to be totally ignored!

The nose will more than likely move closer to the family hopes but I'm sorry to tell you that the chances of him keeping those blue eyes are a million to one!

JxP

(Son born with blue eyes, now at nearly five months sort of dirty brown/blue/green/purple!! Daughter born with blue eyes now at 3 years and nearly five months (yes, born on the same day!) beautiful deep brown eyes.)

My wife's main concern was that our two daughters had a 'dung', that is the little bridge between the eyes. This is considered very desirable in Thailand, and many people have surgery to create one if they don't have one.

All babies noses look the same to me! I don't think they get definition untill thier older! My little one has her dads eyes but who's nose is still up in the air, nobody nose, boom boom :D:o

Funny my friend's little 4 year old girl looks like her farang mother, light brown wavy hair and big green eyes. The only thing she seems to have inherited from local daddy is her teensy nose.

Edited by Goinghomesoon

I would like to know where you people are coming up with the idea that most thais have cute little noses . A large percentage look like they have been prize fighters for the majority of their life and got hit in the nose too many times. Most of them wide and flat.

Babies of almost every species are cute. It isn't until they get older that their real features come out. Have you ever looked at any of the contest where you look at celebrities pictures as a child and try to guess who it is. Most are very hard to tell.

I would like to know where you people are coming up with the idea that most thais have cute little noses . A large percentage look like they have been prize fighters for the majority of their life and got hit in the nose too many times. Most of them wide and flat.

Babies of almost every species are cute. It isn't until they get older that their real features come out. Have you ever looked at any of the contest where you look at celebrities pictures as a child and try to guess who it is. Most are very hard to tell.

Thankfully not everyone has the same idea about beauty. My wifes nose is very flat and i think she is the most gorgeous woman on the planet. If my baby ends up with a nose similar to his mum's, i for one would be more than happy.

All I can say is what a relief, to know that my new baby is not on her own with her cute button nose. I love her very much and many of her family and friends say she looks like me. OK she is very white but I think that is where the similarities end, I think she looks like her mum more than me and that’s good, who would want a daughter that had an ugly hooter like mine, that would be cruel.

She (Mary Rose) did have blue eyes when she was born but now at four months have turned brown.

Weve been getting asked by the wifes family and there neighbours why our 8 month old son doesnt have a falang nose. I dont know why they expect falang babies to be born with big noses or at least a bridge. It got to a point where I had my mum send me over a load of baby pictures of me when I was 8 months so they can see that my nose was exactly the same as my sons at the same age. It doesnt matter how many times you explain to them that falang dont grow big noses until there 10 or so years old they still keep on asking.