60 day extension

Good day,

Finally got my Thailand Pass, should be back in Bangkok 18 March, still have to get the Covid 19-free test certificate.

I have travelled for years on a Non Imm O visa based on marriage, I think now is the time to settle down.

I intend to apply for the Extension during this coming trip. The required Thb400K will be in the bank but possibly only late March/early April.

I understand it has to be in the bank for 2 months before I can make the application, this means there won't be much time

left to lodge my application and follow it through. The Embassy have told I can apply for an extension of my present visa for 60 days? If I can do so I could then

have more time to lodge the application and get approval? Is it possible if anyone can please advise if that way would work?

As far as applying for the extension based on marriage, I believe it can be a  bit problematic? Is it advisable to get an agent to help, if so any advise on who to go to is appreciated.

Thank you.

As in an earlier post it will travel to Thailand, mid March, on a Non Imm O vised based on marriage, intending to apply for the 12 month extension.

The necessary funds will be in my Thai bank account, after my arrival.

If for some reason things don't progress as we hope I would likely try for a 60 day extension.

My question is where would I apply for the 60 day extension. We have house in Bangkok and another in Chaiyaphum. Can I apply and any immigration office? I should think Bangkok is very busy whereas Chaiyaphum should be quieter?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you. 

If you enter with a non-o visa you will have 90 days to apply for a one year extension which means you will have about a month to get the 400k baht in the bank.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife if you need more time. You can only apply for one per entry with a visa.

You do not need a agent to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. It is not as hard as some people say.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

I have merged your topics. No need for 2 topics asking the same questions.

You would apply for the extension at the immigration office where you are living.

You will need a TM30 report done to prove you address when you apply.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you enter with a non-o visa you will have 90 days to apply for a one year extension which means you will have about a month to get the 400k baht in the bank.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife if you need more time. You can only apply for one per entry with a visa.

You do not need a agent to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. It is not as hard as some people say.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Thanks Joe, Can I go to any immigration office to apply for the 60 day extension, is there any particular forms, documents I need?

45 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Thanks Joe, Can I go to any immigration office to apply for the 60 day extension, is there any particular forms, documents I need?

It can be done at any immigration office but it has to be the designated office for where you are staying at. They will want proof you are living in the province where the office is located. That can be a TM30 report.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply for it.

You will use a TM7 form to apply for it. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copies of your marriage certificate, wifes house book registry and ID card.

Some offices may want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

It can be done at any immigration office but it has to be the designated office for where you are staying at. They will want proof you are living in the province where the office is located. That can be a TM30 report.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply for it.

You will use a TM7 form to apply for it. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copies of your marriage certificate, wifes house book registry and ID card.

Some offices may want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Thank you very much Joe.

have covid 19 60 days from visa exempt thought it was best but now realise i probably need a non  o but how do i get a non o inside thailand to enable me to get marriage extension? or can i cancel covid 60 days (starts 24th march) and apply for 60 day marriage visit?

1 minute ago, snairb said:

have covid 19 60 days from visa exempt thought it was best but now realise i probably need a non  o but how do i get a non o inside thailand to enable me to get marriage extension? or can i cancel covid 60 days (starts 24th march) and apply for 60 day marriage visit?

No need to cancel anything.

Use your covid extension permit to give you time to organize bank account (if you don't currently have one).

Also to prepare for having 400k in bank on day of your application for non O marriage.

You can obtain the non O at immigration.