Marijuana legalization generates over 7-billion-baht income to Thailand, health minister says

webfact

2 minutes ago, bobbin said:

My position remains that we will have de-facto (decriminalization) recreational weed available after the 120 days since Cannabis "in all it's forms" was removed from the Narcotics Act and said change was published in the Royal Gazette. The .02% refers to extracts only. This is clearly stated in all Government communications to date. This is the same approach taken by Canada when extracts remained restricted for the first year after legalization. The following year that restriction was removed..

Read this article (originally posted by another member) carefully..

/www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2022/01/29/cannabis-remains-illegal-new-law-pushed/

The Justice Minister is choosing his words carefully, but it comes down to "not yet, until the 120 days has elapsed"

As well, there is a supplementary act soon to come.. I think it will entertain the idea of sandboxes so that there is a step by step movement towards full availability.. Meanwhile, after the 120 days elapse, we are free to grow for personal use..

Could I be mistaken? Possibly, but I don't think so..

Dont you have to contact the police and register to grow it?

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

Dont you have to contact the police and register to grow it?

That's what they are saying, but look to the OP.. The Health Minister says he wants people to grow it without requiring permission, like all other plants/herbs.

It is only notification they are talking about, not permission to grow..

• Like 1

IIRC, the official penalty for growing without notification is up to 20,000 Baht..

Since Grade A buds are currently available for 20,000 Baht/oz, I think the risk/benefit analysis is clear..

Will I be notifying as soon as i pop some seeds into a pot (555)?  I think I'll be waiting a few months before I do that.. and that fits neatly into the grow cycle.

• Haha 1

I think the man has misplaced a few zeros he meant to say Billions in USD. Those must be some fat joints and 55 gallon drums of CBD oil he yes packaged......if this is so the fast food profits must also be soaring.

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can someone please inform this NUT IN government Marijuana is not the same as cannabis.  

Yes it is. Cannabis is a genus of plant whereas marijuana, and hemp, usually refers to the flowers & buds of certain plants, but it is all the same thing according to Mr Bingle.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 2:34 AM, webfact said:

During a medical conference in Kanchanaburi province, Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that Thailand has made considerable steps in developing cannabis as a new economic crop and generating more income for Thai people.

Thailand has made considerable steps in developing cannabis as a new economic crop and generating more income for select, privileged, connected Thai people.

It generates nothing but wishes and envy for the rest of the Thai commoners who can not participate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

Thailand has made considerable steps in developing cannabis as a new economic crop and generating more income for select, privileged, connected Thai people.

It generates nothing but wishes and envy for the rest of the Thai commoners who can not participate. 

George Carlin summed it up:
It's a big club, and you ain't in it!