Thailand Pass--Return or onward ticket required?

And you may have problem at immigration too.

This thing is in place since years, you have different options :

- Plan exactly your trip and the ticket

- Buy a cheap continuation bus ticket (may be valid only if border is open, idk)

- Buy a refundable air continuation ticket (check the possible penalty though) to the cheapest destination. My favorite.

It's another non-sense worldwide regulation, but easy to deal with.

Last : in rare cases (like in Latin America...), at registration, you may need a printed copy, as they sometimes get lost with their system and just a reservation number.

I miss the old time when traveling was a pleasant experience ???? 

• Thanks 1

Nope. Thai pass has nowt to do with visas. Onward tickets is the realm of airline check in and the potential to be refused boarding should one not have a visa. If visa-exempt, cover yourself by doing the cheap onward ticket thing. Never been asked at imm, but have when checking in. Might be worth the peace of mind during these uncertain times especially. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What will you be using for entry? A visa, re-entry permit or entering visa exempt?

Visa exempt.  Not sure how long I'll be staying.  My understanding is that they're not issuing NON-O one year multi-entry in the UK right now, so I'm going to hold off for the time being.

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

If visa-exempt, cover yourself by doing the cheap onward ticket thing.

Are you referring to those PNR codes that expire?  I've never used those before.   

10 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Visa exempt.  Not sure how long I'll be staying.  My understanding is that they're not issuing NON-O one year multi-entry in the UK right now, so I'm going to hold off for the time being.

The Thailand pass does not require you to have a return or onward ticket.

The airline can ask for a ticket out of the country. It can be one way ticket to anywhere. 

10 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Are you referring to those PNR codes that expire?  I've never used those before.   

He is referring to a temporary onward ticket that you could show to the airline. They can be obtained for as little as $12.

Do a search for onward ticket and you will see many sites offering them. You could get one a day or so before your departure date to show the airline if asked for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Check out the link below.  There are other sites with similar service but this is the one I used.  While all airlines and departing countries are not the same regarding showing onward travel, I came to Thailand back in Jan on a Non-O and was only asked at the first leg of my journey (departed US via Delta) "what is your return date"....I didn't have to show anything, I only replied with a date.  

https://onwardflights.com/

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 3:30 AM, Sambotte said:

And you may have problem at immigration too.

This thing is in place since years, you have different options :

- Plan exactly your trip and the ticket

- Buy a cheap continuation bus ticket (may be valid only if border is open, idk)

- Buy a refundable air continuation ticket (check the possible penalty though) to the cheapest destination. My favorite.

It's another non-sense worldwide regulation, but easy to deal with.

Last : in rare cases (like in Latin America...), at registration, you may need a printed copy, as they sometimes get lost with their system and just a reservation number.

I miss the old time when traveling was a pleasant experience ???? 

I got a £45 single to Singapore from Don Muang. I intended to not use but AirAsia cancelled the flight and refunded my account. Bingo. And just to make things better my flight out was delayed 5hrs Qatar paid me £324 compensation so in total got here for £43. The god's looked down on me this trip.