Seeking scent free laundry detergent.

JimmyJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, Dante99 said:

We buy at Macro.  No scent after normal machine rinse and sun dry.  

Do they only sell one detergent there?

If not, what is the name of the one you refer to?

4 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Have you tried Pipper detergent ? I want to try it out...

https://www.google.com/search?q=detergent+no+scent+thailand+-site:pinterest.*&rlz=1C2CHBD_enTH885TH885&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiy1daOpfP2AhWKSGwGHR2WA8sQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1141&bih=468&dpr=1.25#imgrc=B5Z5Cw3TDAB-TM

Pipper Standard Laundry Detergent Lemongrass 900ml. | Tops online

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

Look in big supermarket.
I used a product labelled "organic" if i remember.
But normally any detergent with no mention of "new parfum", "long lasting parfume", etc. will be the best, with normal-good rinsing.

If i use laundry service i have since a few years to specify "no parfum"...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I do not know since I have not looked at the detergent aisle in about ten years.  My partner buys it.  

My guess is that they still sell many varieties, 20+?  Like a supermarket.

11 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

what is the name of the one you refer to?

Breeze but there are others.

• Like 1

For scent-free laundry detergent, I use Amway's SA8 Premium.  Say what you will about Amway (or not), it's an excellent product.  Used as directed, with three loads of wash weekly, a 1-kg box will last me for 7 months; I've done the math.  It's not cheap at 600฿, but it works.  And, except for a very faint hint of fragrance, it's totally scent-free after the rinse cycle.

As for softness of towels, since the Amway detergent rinses totally, there's no detergent or soap residue remaining on the fabric to cause coarseness.

One doesn't have to be an Amway distributor or even attempt to find one in order to buy the product.  Stop at the distribution center and ask anyone there if they'll take your order.  It's located south of town on the north side of Highway 1141, just west of the railway overpass.

https://goo.gl/maps/5gZADzrxeNhuHfRA6

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Interesting.

It's the sort of product I look for in general.

In this case - glycerin can be derived from plant or animal sources.

Unfortunately, it doesn't specify.

If I find a store selling it, before buying it I will contact Pipper to find out.

32 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Interesting.

It's the sort of product I look for in general.

In this case - glycerin can be derived from plant or animal sources.

Unfortunately, it doesn't specify.

If I find a store selling it, before buying it I will contact Pipper to find out.

Your not alone on your search for a good laundry detergent without that horrible perfume smell......I even asked a lady working at big C to show me the least smelly one....I bought her recommendation, unfortunately it was just as horrible as the rest.......

They sell Pipper in Tops and Watsons supposedly so I will give that one a shot....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grin said:

Was verwenden Menschen mit empfindlicher Haut hier für Weichspüler? Ich habe noch keinen parfümfreien Weichspüler gesehen. Wie bekommt man flauschige und nicht kratzende Handtücher?

Guaranteed in a tumble dryer!!!
For this you do not necessarily have to buy one!!!

There are, at least here in Pattaya, plenty of self-service laundromats!
Just go there with the towels and either wash and dry,or just to dry ????

7 minutes ago, buddy2010 said:

At HOME PRO, or also LAZADA -SHOPEE

AWARE Fragrance free!!

At HOMEPRO 1,5kg. 440.-THB 

9318391100706_1_dstxkhcq7tadool3.jpg

Hey good find.....I did not know about this one.....Very cool they sell this at Home Pro....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, redwood1 said:

Your not alone on your search for a good laundry detergent without that horrible perfume smell......I even asked a lady working at big C to show me the least smelly one....I bought her recommendation, unfortunately it was just as horrible as the rest.......

They sell Pipper in Tops and Watsons supposedly so I will give that one a shot....

Please report here if you find Pipper or Aware in a store.

Edited by JimmyJ

I'm using one of these two:

image.png.dab3d73896fb826cb52c402a10750e4d.pngimage.png.babcdc158c8d7b887bf8f37cc14f10b2.png

But as with any liquid detergent, they are quite expensive compared to powdered ones.

Breeze used to have detergent powder for sensitive skin, but it seems discontinued.

If you can find the AWARE fragrance free, it might be the cheapest and best one.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:45 PM, redwood1 said:

One of the detergents that Google search turned up is Seventh Generation.

I was using that in Vietnam, although when I ran out about 6 months ago it was no longer being sold at the store I'd purchased it at.

It ticked all the boxes, I would buy it again if I come across it.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, MrBrad said:

For scent-free laundry detergent, I use Amway's SA8 Premium.  Say what you will about Amway (or not), it's an excellent product.  Used as directed, with three loads of wash weekly, a 1-kg box will last me for 7 months; I've done the math.  It's not cheap at 600฿, but it works.  And, except for a very faint hint of fragrance, it's totally scent-free after the rinse cycle.

As for softness of towels, since the Amway detergent rinses totally, there's no detergent or soap residue remaining on the fabric to cause coarseness.

One doesn't have to be an Amway distributor or even attempt to find one in order to buy the product.  Stop at the distribution center and ask anyone there if they'll take your order.  It's located south of town on the north side of Highway 1141, just west of the railway overpass.

https://goo.gl/maps/5gZADzrxeNhuHfRA6

Can you be more specific about how Amway works out here.  I've seen Amway products advertised on Lazada - are they genuine?  How does one go about buying them if you're not a distributor?  I'm in Rayong, by the way.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:05 PM, JimmyJ said:

Please report here if you find Pipper or Aware in a store.

Well I just tested out the Eucalyptus Pipper......No chemical smell only a slight Eucalyptus smell.....Fine for regular washing....Not sure it would have power for a very nasty load, It does not get a sudsy as the chemical detergents, but it might work, I am just not sure...I bought it at Tops...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 6:55 PM, JimmyJ said:

Hey Jimmy J.....I would be interested to hear if you find a good solution to the laundry detergent problem...Like I already said I have only tried the Pipper but not the others talked about here....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Hey Jimmy J.....I would be interested to hear if you find a good solution to the laundry detergent problem...Like I already said I have only tried the Pipper but not the others talked about here....

Will do.

Will be doing some exploring during the next month, visiting stores mentioned.

Edited by JimmyJ