Change of plan - Recommendations please for furnished house or apt. in CM - in any area you recommend.

JimmyJ

Made earlier post seeking same but specifically in the Old City.

Went there today - sort of depressing - I know it's Sunday but so many businesses closed, streets pretty empty, etc. - nothing like when I was here last and that area no longer feels special to me.

And I know that I can walk around (in RealFeel 106 degree weather) and look, but for an apt./guest house/hotel -  can't tell much from the outside.

So if anyone has a specific house rental and/or apt. rental to recommend - in Santitham, Old City, or any area that you feel is worthwhile but within the city - please do.

Edited by JimmyJ

We enjoyed our time in Rung Arroon in Hang Dong....Nice homes, small to large in a large, clean Mubaan with many parks .... 

Easy access to 108/Hang Dong Rd or the Canal Rd for shopping....Also the Hang Dong market is close enough to ride a bicycle to & about the best local Thai market around with a good diversity of shops....

It might be a good area to consider....Rents are a bargain....We had a big multilevel 3/3 house @ 13k month....

Stay away from farang based real estate offices - they will bang you up for 26-30k for what you can find 10-15k yourself....

I can find a contact phone # for you for a good Thai property manager for that area if you want to pm me.....If you stay within the Thai networks you'll be treated fairer.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

So if anyone has a specific house rental and/or apt. rental to recommend - in Santitham, Old City, or any area that you feel is worthwhile but within the city - please do.

I liked Emporium Residence in Santitham Road, 5K/month + utils (+5k security).

Right in the middle of the action, Tesco and 7-11 across the road, underground parking for cars and bikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I liked Emporium Residence in Santitham Road, 5K/month + utils (+5k security).

Right in the middle of the action, Tesco and 7-11 across the road, underground parking for cars and bikes.

Love the thai food shop right across there as I lived in santitham---friendly family runs it--super tasty and super cheap....Emporium--I know a few ladyboys that live there---one looks like Rihanna and worked the cabaret shows-- hubba hubba!