Quick question about visa extension

Hi All,

I'm currently booked to go to thailand for 6 weeks begining April the first, I will be entering on the 30 day visa exemption and hoping to extend it for the extra 2 weeks.

My question is will i have trouble entering the country as my flight out will be past the 30 day visa exemption period.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

When checking in for the flight to here the airline can ask for ticket out of the country within 30 days. It can be a one way ticket to anywhere or temporary onward ticket for about $12 that you can find online by searching for onward ticket.

• Like 2

^^^ This

Extremely unlikely to be questioned at immigration re departure post 30days

Moderately unlikely to be questioned at airline check-in en route to Thailand

But a 'rent a ticket' for an onward flight from Thailand departing inside the 30 days placates either/both

I entered Thailand last week, and it was the first time I've ever been asked for a return flight ticket.  Both the airline and immigration officer asked.   I made a fake ticket and immediately regretted it after I was called over to a special immigration desk for additional questions and scrutiny of my "ticket", but luckily they were eventually satisfied with it.  Next time I'll just buy a cheap ticket to Singapore or KL.