Retirement visa...American...Slightly short of funds to qualify

I spend much less but I don't pay rent. If I was paying rent for the condo that I own I would be getting up there but still well under 65K monthly. 

The financial requirements have very little to do with what people actually spend, whether higher or lower. 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, Hanuman2547 said:

I would go with keeping 800K baht in a Thai bank.  It won't gain much in interest but if you only use that account for your retirement visa at least you will always have the required funds ready for your renewal.  

I would also keep your Medicare and Part B.  You never know when you're going to need it.  

Money in the bank is the most trouble free. If you cannot raise it in cash, can you borrow enough to make it? That's what i did when the system changed from Embassy letters. I'm married, so only needed 400,000 baht. I borrowed the money from one of my banks in the UK, at 3% per annum. My  repayments are about 100 GBP a month -  and after 7 years (about 4 to go) it will be paid for and i will have my 400,000 baht free and clear until i no longer need it. Interest rates are going up, so an option to do NOW, not later.

With the monthly income, you have to transfer it EVERY month, even if you are out of the country for a few months.

• Haha 1