Paving over Paradise….Chiang Mai Style.

SamSanuk

1 hour ago, Whale said:

You should see what they have done for Bangkok and surrounding provinces regarding bulldozers and concrete. If it foretells the future it is not a good omen. An ugly concrete tip.

More concrete means higher temperatures. 

In America, most tire centers are in business districts, next to car dealerships. Putting one next to a condominium reinforces my decision to rent not buy.

1 hour ago, SamSanuk said:

In America, most tire centers are in business districts, next to car dealerships. Putting one next to a condominium reinforces my decision to rent not buy.

It could be worse. It could have been a karaoke bar...

• Haha 1

Only slightly related, I was staying at Nakornping Condo and the very helpful banana lady called the tire repair guy for me to come and fix a flat on my ancient Honda Wave.  I'm not sure if it was the same guy as used to be there but there is a sign in front of the fruit sellers still there for repair.

Anyway, he shows up and immediatly wants to sell me an 800 baht special for farang tire that he brought with him.  I refused and asked him to just change the inner tube.  He was clearly angry I didn't want to buy the new tire and charged me 250 baht for the inner tube.  OK, that is life and he did have to ride to meet me.  No complaints.

He also  made sure to not to properly attach the back drum brake so I had no rear brake when I rode it.  This was a couple of years ago and it still bugs me when I think about it.  

They were building that hotel when I stayed there and the noise was annoying as my living room window faced it.  Too bad about the new construction noise!  Sucks.  Everywhere I stay in Thailand eventually has construction noise!

Edited by ricklev
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The construction of the tire store proceeded at record pace compared to condos and hotels that have recently been constructed in the same neighborhood.  It's W-A-Y beyond the hole-in-the-ground stage.  It's open and servicing customers.