Russian Tourists Struggle to Leave Thailand Amid Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

9 hours ago, arick said:

I was struggling to get the one out of the pool yesterday.  He was in his phone none stop. A face like a pug and a wife like a diamond.. 

Can I get angry with them can I say bad things to them remener all the Dutch  shot  down in the plane  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It also means "the world". So when a Russian says "Ya klochu mir" they may be saying they want peace, or they want the world.

Oh I thought that was "Soviet"... like Sovietski soyuz = World union.... I'm not Russian. Learned a bit in elementary school, that's all.

Spineless Thailand calling WAR : crisis>>>>>  how pathetic 

Get putin's oligarchs to bring their super yachts and evacuate as they got the government they deserve.

Be advised Aeroflot: has no spare parts and can not fly to countries that require airworthiness certificates to land.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1

It's very unlikely any russian who owns a condo anywhere in Thailand isn't either a supporter of little vladdy the psychopath or a member of organized crime, so perhaps Thailand can seize all the condos, auction them off, pay to rid Thailand of all the russians, and use the remainder of auction money to take care of unemployed Thais suffering because of Covid.

This action can mirror what is now happening to russian property around the world. In Biarritz, France a man nationalized an estate owned by some petty oligarch and has announced the estate will be used to house Ukrainian refugees. Inspired by that action, folks in the UK have taken over another oligarch's estate in England.

19 hours ago, Letseng said:

Just like other tourists they come with a return ticket. Majority are tourists acc to Thai press.  Apart from this, why can't Putin fly his stranded ppl out? Just like Thai government evacuated ppl from Ukraine?

Mr Putin does not have funds ????

1 hour ago, Bedfont said:

Sympathy you can get in any good dictionary between sh*t and siphilis.

Sad to be stuck in paradise. You could be suffering like the people of Ukraine.

Well you can if you spell syphilis properly. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Letseng said:

Why can't Russian government fly them out? Thai airspace isn't closed to flights from Russia.

Since Thailand does not have a border with Russia - there a presumably other countries whose air-space needs to be crossed.  I guess it will be easy enough to get permission from China .......

3 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

In my opinion, the Thai Government should take position for Ukraine.

Fact is most Russian  who are able to travel and ignore the truth of Putin attack.

Fact is, I have seen a lot of Russian decadent behavior. 

Fact is, many people ignore the truth of the attack on the Ukraine.

Fact is, Ukraine is a free democratic country, which is recognized by the UN. 

Fact is, Russia/Putin agreed to the independence of the Ukraine when the withdraw all nukes.

All this makes it a criminal act of war. The most people must be Putin supporter, otherwise the would raise there voices. But since this not happen, all these Russian need to fee the sanctions.

Do not forget!!!!! Putin let bomb and murder civilians!!!!! Over and over again.

You may want to check your facts. Zelenski the comedian, not following the Minsk Agreement of 2015.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ATOM46 said:

Assuming the pic at the top of this article is real and from Thailand, then sorry, but you guys have totally shot yourselves in the foot - Sorry, but there is no way the DEMENTED GOBLIN

(I do SO love this name! ) will allow Aeroflot to return you to Russia when you are draped in Yellow and Blue and truth messages for all your fellow citizens to see. I am sure that all of us fellow travellers commiserate with your bad situation, but actually it is really not quite as bad (English understatement) as having your life destroyed and family murdered by your DEMENTED GENOCIDAL GOBLIN. Think yourselves, like the rest of us, to be so lucky we are elsewhere in the world right now.

So the solution - When you tourists eventually get home you should put all your efforts into supporting the "powerful ones" who must, in time, bring the GOBLIN down. Unless he is stopped, the only alternative will be WW3......

Enjoy the sun and beach while you can - it is still bloody chilly here in UK!

ßloody 40 here today......haven't moved more than 6' from the aircon.....5555

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, 300sd said:

You may want to check your facts. Zelenski the comedian, not following the Minsk Agreement of 2015.

Apart from the amusement of spelling the Ukrainian President’s name incorrectly, your comment offers nothing, not even a fundamental explanation to your assertion.

The Minsk agreements are extremely complex, and have seen “alleged” breaches or transgressions by both sides.

The Ukrainian government has always viewed them as a means to reunite Ukraine, but Putin and the Kremlin believe that the accords enshrine a process that would see a Russia-aligned administration in Luhansk and Donetsk.

However, Putin has now completely torn up the agreements by recognising the self-proclaimed republics of Luhansk and Donetsk as having independence. It is now clear that this was always his intention, and I’m afraid I cannot envisage anything stopping him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The Russian soldiers are the same people as the Russians here in Thailand, or anywhere else, there are aiming at and killing innocent women and children when they could easily miss them. How many of these Russian people if they were conscripted into the army would have taken part in the invasion of The Ukrain and deliberately shot their bullets away from these Ukrainian women and children?

Nobody needs to kill anyone in any war unless in self defense.

Well, you used words. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, arithai12 said:

It's a drop of 40%, not exactly "toilet paper" as some say.

THB/RUB was 2.57 before the invasion, it is 3.66 today.

It's more a matter of being able to pay.

From the Kasikorn Forex rate today

CURRENCY    Bank Buying Rate    Bank Selling Rate     
     TRAVELLERS' CHEQUES    EXPORT SIGHT BILL    TELEX TRANSFER    BANK NOTES    TT&DRAFT T/CHEQUES    BANK NOTES

RUB
Russian Ruble  -    -    -    -    -    -

THB/RUB was 2.57 before the invasion, it is 3.66 today.

I don't think that any Thai bank will give even 25 satang for a ruble at the moment.

Out of curiosity which forex site is giving 3.66 today.

10 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

You got a citation for that, or did you just pull it out of somewhere in your body?

Good question, since 70 % Putin lovers might be a little low. It´s based on the latest russian election and adjusted computationally for normal authoritarian election frauds.
Remember this is Russia. They always loved their Czars and the present one, Czar Vlad the Mad is no exception.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:19 AM, Letseng said:

Why can't Russian government fly them out? Thai airspace isn't closed to flights from Russia.

Putin may not want the russians back that have been watching the free news outlets, they will certainly talk and enlighten their comrades back back home as to what is actually happening, causing more protests and arrests back home

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Perhaps the Russian government could organise a very large cruise ship and then set sail from Bangkok to Vladivostok.  From there they could either take a 10 hour flight or a six day train trip to Moscow.  

IMHO unless a deal could be organised for "humanitarian" purposes and it was agreed internationally the cruise ship could also be impounded.

Just a thought, perhaps it could be timed together with a clear and safe passage for all the Ukrainian women and children to leave at the same time.

That might work, though substitute aircraft instead of a cruise ship.

23 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Who is going to be paying for their hotel rooms?

According to some calculations I have done, many of them should be homeless by now. I'm sorry that people who are used to a middle class life have to learn how to survive homelessness in Thailand. They will soon learn the tricks, such as finding out about meals distribution, the best temple that feed the homeless, it will be a humbling experience but I hope someone in mother Russia comes for their rescue at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1