Russian Tourists Struggle to Leave Thailand Amid Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

The old tribe is headed up by a top KGB officer who was an ardent communist from the age of 9 throughout the time of the the old guard and who attained his current position of Lifetime President by supreme acts of cruelty and corruption, so the old guard is still the old guard just with a different name but with a vastly increased power of life and death to any one who dares to stand against him or he dislikes.

Your missing the point.

21 hours ago, Stygge said:

Yes, please do. It makes it all easier. A poll was taken I think on the day of invasion and just over 60 % of the russians was for it. If it would have shown to be a successful military operation ending in a decisive victory it´s fair to estimate the approval to be at least 90 %, (compare it to Crimea). Now it has turned to an ugly, costly war and ratings would probably be lower. Based from the latest election Putins fan base is about 70 %. It´s hard for us in the west to understand but most russians really believe Putins propaganda and like the thought of Russia being an imperial power dominating its neighbors. This also goes for the russians rich enough to winter holiday in tropical islands.

Let's get to the crux again, you pulled a number out of your a*rse and now you are idiotic enough to try and double down on it, gold medal for you

On 3/17/2022 at 10:27 AM, PremiumLane said:

Let's get to the crux again, you pulled a number out of your a*rse and now you are idiotic enough to try and double down on it, gold medal for you

Sorry, late reply but I´m lazy answering trolls.
"The 2018 Russian presidential election was held on 18 March 2018. Incumbent Vladimir Putin won reelection for his second consecutive (fourth overall) term in office with 77% of the vote"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Russian_presidential_election

As I said before - I was a little low in my estimations but still.

As a bonus I gave you a further explanation on the seize of the Czar´s fan club.

Compassion and empathy are finite resources. Sorry I have ZERO of either left for any russian 'caught' in Thailand because a little guy suffering from Small (nickname for Richard) Syndrome wanted to try to re-establish a vicious autocratic empire best left in the dustbin of history.

It seems that folks getting their homes and hospitals targeted and bombed, their schools destroyed, their children slaughtered---even their food stores attacked in the hope (of the little small membered guy) that they would starve, deserve much more compassion than anybody 'caught' in Phuket.

• Like 2

And while they're trying to get back into Russia, the highly-educated and middle class are leaving as they can see a new Iron Curtain forming that will be even more geographically restrictive than the old one that at least included Eastern European countries that Russians, or rather Soviets, could visit, but they're part of NATO now, so they're off limit. Russian involvement in the exchange of culture and sports competitions with most of the world , including the Olympics, will be a thing of the past after Putin and his many faithful spill so much blood and do so much destruction in Ukraine that Russia and its citizens will be global pariah. 

Who can blame the young and educated Russians from fleeing a demonic dictator who is on a train-wreck path of both internal and external destruction, regressing their country back decades or even a century in terms of isolation and economic hardship? With no foreign investments coming into a country that has lost all trust around the world and its citizens unable to seek employment elsewhere, what reasonably ambitious Russian wants to be trapped in Putin's awful version of what he sees for Russia -- one of his old Soviet/KGB glory days where the masses were kept nicely subdued through propaganda and threats? 

Maybe these Russians want to think twice about what they're returning to and seek hardship asylum.  

• Like 1