How Do I get my 90 day Non - Immigrant O visa extended?

I went to my local Immigration Beau in Khon Kaen today with my Non O visa, passport, proof of insurance fully expecting them to simply issue a 60 or 90 day extension but they said that they needed to see my marriage certificate which I didn't take. Do they really need to see this? 

Apart from the fact that the immigration officer offered to fix me a one year visa for 20k this seemed a little odd as I submitted marriage cert proof of finances etc to get the Non O so didn't think they'd need to see this info again. 

I will go back to immigration in a few days with Marriage cert but your advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• Confused 2

Do you mean a non-immigrant type-O visa ?  or a non-immigrant type-OA visa?  They are not the same. 

Also, are you going for an extension based on 'marriage to a Thai' or based on 'retirement'? They have different requirements.

To the best of my knowledge an extension (based on retirement) for a non-immigrant type-O visa requires no proof of marriage nor does it require proof of heath insurance.

... and also a type-O extension if based on marriage DOES require the appropriate marriage paperwork, but it does NOT require proof of health insurance.

In comparison, to the best of my knowledge, an extension (based on retirement) for a non-immigrant type-OA visa requires no proof of marriage BUT it does require proof of heath insurance, .. and alternatively a type-OA extension if based on marriage DOES require the appropriate marriage paperwork, but does NOT require proof of health insurance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

60 days to visit Wife needs marriage certificate and Wife to be with you.

12 month extension requires 400,000 in the bank for 2 weeks or proof of 40,000 monthly income plus a bunch of other stuff.

The extension requires 400k in bank for 2 months (not 2 weeks)

Plus under consideration period.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you serious.

It appears your married.

You can apply for 60 day extension to visit wife.

You state that you have non O based on marriage.

You can apply for 12 month extension based on marriage.

That has financial requirements.

Best you do basic research and ask AseanNow forum for advice. 

I was serious about Immigration officer offering to do a 1 year Visa and put 400,000 in my bank which got me questioning whether I actually needed my marriage cert or if he was just trying to be difficult. 

I do normally research or ask questions on here but I have been very busy with the final stages of a house build. Because I had provided all evidence when I applied for the Visa, I thought going to Immigration was just to confirm I staying longer, I appreciate this is my mistake but thank you for clarifying 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Patts said:

. Because I had provided all evidence when I applied for the Visa, I thought going to Immigration was just to confirm I staying longer

To obtain any extension there are requirements for each application.

A 60 day extension to visit wife has some basic required docs.

12 month extension has a lot more. Apart from financials they have many requirements. 

These need to be shown every year you apply for extension..

Are you looking for 12 month extension or just 60 days? 

Have a read of this thread.

Ubonjoe clearly outlines what's required for 60 day extension to visit wife.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

did this in samui. where you are may be diff

1. marrige cert copy

2. letter from ampor office saying you are still married torra por song ( it think it's called cost 10 baht) 

3. wife's id copy

4. wife's house book copy ( ie address)

5. if renting lease agreement and copy of house book and landlords  id card ( all signed)

6. passport copy photo page . visa page and entry stamp.

7. passport size pic off you.

hope this helpful but as said diff imigration off diff requiements 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1