Survarnabhumi Airport

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've done 5 extensions using the monthly income method and I've never been asked to show an updated pass book, which is just a well because just like Onerak, I never keep mine up to date anyway.

In answer to the question by @Markus700 no you cannot. You will only ever find UDMs at bank branches and there are none 0f those airside.

I have done countless extensions using the ฿800 000 deposited in a Thai bank and have always had to have photo copies of the up to date bank account.

• Like 2

After travelling into BKK (Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi) more than 60 times in over 22 years on either visa exempt entry, tourist visa or retirement extension I have never, ever been asked to show cash, bank book or onward ticket. Guess it just depends on your situation and history. Can't think why immigration would be concerned unless you have some adverse travel records or dodgy appearance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No. Curiously other than at the underground train station (as of late 2020) there appear to be no Bangkok Bank ATMs at BKK airport at all. 

Found one right outside the door at my pickup spot for thai pass when I arrived in nov 21.......as my bank is BofBkk

I never update my bank book so when i return with cash in pocket and go to bank to put into my acct that book goes on and on....rattatttataattaaaaa!!!

If the bank book update is for immig Ive never been asked to show it or cash in 12 visits one way no visa

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:
12 hours ago, mlkik said:

Thai Immigration laws require updated bank books yo exten permission of stay.  Therefore not archaic but essential.

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've done 5 extensions using the monthly income method and I've never been asked to show an updated pass book, which is just a well because just like Onerak, I never keep mine up to date anyway.

9 hours ago, mlkik said:

I have done countless extensions using the ฿800 000 deposited in a Thai bank and have always had to have photo copies of the up to date bank account.

We are talking about two quite different methods. For the bank deposit method, of course you would have to show your pass book, but that doesn't mean it's the law. Simply a requirement pertaining to your method.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:25 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Found one right outside the door at my pickup spot for thai pass when I arrived in nov 21.......as my bank is BofBkk

I never update my bank book so when i return with cash in pocket and go to bank to put into my acct that book goes on and on....rattatttataattaaaaa!!!

If the bank book update is for immig Ive never been asked to show it or cash in 12 visits one way no visa

Great news I never see a Bangkok Bank ATM in the airport. Only in the train station.

Is the Bangkok Bank ATM by the mini mart on the arrival level near the employee cafeteria?

I assume that Bangkok Bank is not licensed by agreement to install their ATMs at the airport that seems to be the territory of other banks. The train station is probably not Suwwannabhumi airports exclusive property. If people are talking about Immigration agents starting with "show money" to enter Thailand it must be cash. not some bank book balance or online. An excuse to deny entry. 

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Great news I never see a Bangkok Bank ATM in the airport. Only in the train station.

Is the Bangkok Bank ATM by the mini mart on the arrival level near the employee cafeteria?

I assume that Bangkok Bank is not licensed by agreement to install their ATMs at the airport that seems to be the territory of other banks. The train station is probably not Suwwannabhumi airports exclusive property. If people are talking about Immigration agents starting with "show money" to enter Thailand it must be cash. not some bank book balance or online. An excuse to deny entry. 

Ive always come on One way--no visa for 12 times--never showed anything

Ummm is where they do pickups--shuttle--hotels etc with the signs when u finally see people entry....i think all the tourist sim shops are to the right..go straight thru the first set of doors in front of you--as soon as outside on the ride side--old atm

I used to do the train to bkk to cnx but since vietet flies from swampy i just jump on that..easy  $$

I do miss the days hanging out at train station tho

so after customs-immig  etc main level i believe....outside atm =otherside of doors

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls