Toyota vigo, is there any repaix/fix that should be done early because it can cost a lost more if waiting that it really breaks ?

My 10 year old Vigo has NEVER had any repairs or replacements, except the usual brakes, filters, battery & tyres.

I have taken it to Toyota main dealer for every service, and probably paid over the top, but the results seem to speak for themselves. I do NOT drive it like a Ferrari.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Timing belt as part of normal 100K maintenance and water pump at the same time, as it's right there anyway, it's somewhat known for issues and when it goes you better be on the ball or you kill your engine.

Other than that, the thing is basically indestructable.

• Like 1

You could try Google, which is of course, as common-sense as paying for regular services vs "waiting" for something to break that could happen doing 120 on some Thai highway and paying with your or your loved one's life.  

These are rugged and reliable vehicles.

Replace fluids and filters at intervals recommended by Toyota and with normal service inspections. Don't forget coolant (Toyota SLL coolant replaced at 10 years from factory fill, 5 years after service fill).

Inspect rubber parts (tyres, serpentine belts, brakes hoses, bellows and dust covers) for signs of cracking/perishing/damage.

Tyres should normally be replaced around 7-8 years after manufacture (date on sidewall) irrespective of appearance.

Edited by HauptmannUK