Pin sentry for UK bank needed

Are you referring to the Barclay's Pin sentry.  If so use the app version, there is no need for the physical reader!!

Also I doubt if any Pin Sentry/reader device will work without being registered to your account, you just cannot borrow someone else's reader.

Edited by DezLez

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

Are you referring to the Barclay's Pin sentry.  If so use the app version, there is no need for the physical reader!!

Also I doubt if any Pin Sentry/reader device will work without being registered to your account, you just cannot borrow someone else's reader.

This is completely wrong. All Barcays pin sentry readers are interchangeable- it is the card you put in combined with the PIN that is recognised. There are many cases where people have used card readers from other banks and they still work!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, partington said:

All Barcays pin sentry readers are interchangeable- it is the card you put in combined with the PIN that is recognised.

Just confirming.

It's just a piece of hardware from the assembly line.

I don't have Barclays but a German bank.

Last year I noticed that the display of the "TAN Generator" as it is called became "cloudy".

Had to get me a new one (the old one can be read with a strong torch light only).

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

If so use the app version, there is no need for the physical reader!!

Similar experience for me.

BUT I assume the app needs to be registered for your mobile?

After buying a new phone this is a pain in the ... for me as my bank sends a code via SMS which never arrived.

(I should not have cleaned/uninstalled the old mobile!)

So currently dependent on TAN generator and the magic card with the chip.

I guard it like the apple of my eye :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's a bit annoying that this UK bank provides no information on compatible devices (manufacturer, model).

I tried to find reliable info on that to no avail.

In Germany you have to buy the reader on your own cost from a list of compatible devices.

But I see tons of card readers offered on the web.

Like here:

https://picclick.co.uk/Latest-BARCLAYS-Pinsentry-Security-Banking-Pin-Sentry-Bank-134020831747.html

("Latest BARCLAYS Pinsentry Security Banking Pin Sentry Bank Card Reader BRAND NEW. This pinsentry will work with all UK bank cards, including Lloyds online businees cards.")

Shipment to Thailand might be the problem.

A proxy in the UK would be helpful.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, partington said:

This is completely wrong. All Barcays pin sentry readers are interchangeable- it is the card you put in combined with the PIN that is recognised. There are many cases where people have used card readers from other banks and they still work!

Correct,my barclys works in my nationwide one and visa versa