Thai ministry of health seeks end to pre-departure RT-PCR tests for international arrivals

snoop1130

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

That, to me, reads like it does, but if you're not sure, I'll contact them in the morning for clarification.

PLease post you findings here. It should if it is regulated by Thailand's regulations and it is government approved and quarantine is ordered by Thailand's health offcials. If it does not pay, I would say I don't have money to pay. I bought insurance approved by the government and I don't have money to pay.

2 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Thanks. This is definitely much cheaper than what was offered by AXA that some people here were 'recommending'.

Did you use it to enter Thailand without any problems? I am just afraid that it is not recognized by the Thai government.

Edited by EricTh

Thailand drops pre-departure RT-PCR tests for overseas arrivals, allows Songkran celebrations

สงกรานต์.jpg

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has agreed to cancel the requirement for pre-departure RT-PCR tests for international arrivals, effective from April 1st, and is to allow some celebrations to take place during the Songkran festival in mid-April, according to CCSA Spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1253975-thailand-drops-pre-departure-rt-pcr-tests-for-overseas-arrivals-allows-songkran-celebrations/

On 3/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, billd766 said:

Do you have any links or proof of that?

With Thailand's approach to 'learning to live with Covid' that will be July 2027.  They plan to do away with mask wearing by 2029 ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

Fully expecting there next move to be to ditch the PCR test on arrival but replace it with a lateral flow test, they'll be thinking the thick tourists will think 'we're doing them a favour' when in reality the lateral flow test is a lot easier to pull scams with.

Sane people will not fall for it though.

If it is done right there in front of you it could be quite reliable.... admittedly fake test equipment or my usual zombie like state on arrival in Thailand are counterproductive.