Pay ticket Thai Airways with Wise debit card.

rutteketuut

16 minutes ago, bbko said:

Assuming you have a borderless account? 

With your own Wise debit card, you can spend in the local currency — wherever you are. It's accepted anywhere that takes Mastercard or Visa.

https://wise.com/gb/multi-currency-account/pricing#account-pricing

It's a borderless account yes.

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

You have to put the funds needed to cover the cost of your flight into your Wise account first as the card is not, as you pointed out, a credit card but a debit card. 
Once you add the funds to your Wise account you can purchase your flights using the Wise MasterCard. 
I have done this in the past to purchase return Finnair flights from Bangkok to London. 

• Like 1

Yes you can use it, but it is always better to pay for flights, holidays, etc., or other "Big Ticket" items with a credit card as this will give full comsumer protection should something go wrong!

For example should Thai Airways cease trading...Which could happen anytime soon!....If you paid with a debit card you would most likely lose all your money, but if you use a credit card you should get a full refund.

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 2

I would be very careful paying for a TG flight with anything.  Many have no confidence that should the flight not take off you will receive a refund or even an offer of another flight.

BTW Skorts, how was the Finnair flight - they look cheap but are they comfortable?

13 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Are you crazy or just xxx?

You do know that all cards that you can pay with isn't credit cards? You do know that most cards are debit cards? And you can pay with debit card online of in stores as well?

Did you bother to read the OP and the replies before spouting forth?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

Yes you can use it, but it is always better to pay for flights, holidays, etc., or other "Big Ticket" items with a credit card as this will give full comsumer protection should something go wrong!

For example should Thai Airways cease trading...Which could happen anytime soon!....If you paid with a debit card you would most likely lose all your money, but if you use a credit card you should get a full refund.

thai airways  are they safe regarding booking at the moment 

i need to fly back to france ive seen some good prices with thai .. but heard some bad reviews about cancellation and no refund...can you tell me more about the booking you are making ie..what protection the company are offering is case of no fly...i know this is off topic a little but help appreciated.            i also have a Wise account but never thought about using it for flights

On 3/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, thaibook said:

I would be very careful paying for a TG flight with anything.  Many have no confidence that should the flight not take off you will receive a refund or even an offer of another flight.

BTW Skorts, how was the Finnair flight - they look cheap but are they comfortable?

I have used Finnair many many times. New A350 planes, no complaints. But that's just me. 

On 3/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, thaibook said:

I always use American Express (Amex) as they offer the best customer service and protection. No quibble chargebacks. When Thai Airways told me in October 2020 that it would take "up to 6 months" to get a refund, I simply uploaded their cancellation email to my Amex account as a dispute. Amex refunded my card within 3 hours. Job done. Use a debit or pre-paid card and it's quite possible you'd never get a refund - depends on the bank or card issuer's policies.