PCR test required on domestic flights?

gejohesch

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Correctly answered above. You're good to go. 

Thanks to all of you. I'm reassured. Traveling has become a bit of a drag. I was recently refused boarding on a flight in Europe due to misunderstood rules. ????

On 3/18/2022 at 3:02 PM, KhunBENQ said:

NO!

And flying TO Bangkok requires nothing (not even vacc. cert) per the rules.

Way back: I flew Bangkok to Khon Kaen in January and also nothing checked (although vaxx cert might have been asked for).

BTW PCR was never req. for domestic.

Unvaxxed would require ATK test by the rules.

Hopefully in today's meeting they will also drop all rules (except mask and no meal) for domestic?

I flew Bangkok - Khon Kaen with Thai Smile on 11 February, the day after Day 5 test result. I was asked at check in for a vaccination certificate. I had my EU vaccination certificate, the Thailand Pass vaccination record printed out and a print of the Day 5 negative result. The Day 5 result was the one the lady preferred.

I wasn't asked again going through security nor at boarding gate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, March 23 Hubby and I flew from Chiang Mai to Don Muang on Nok Air (way more delightful than Air Asia) and no one either at the airport or with the airline asked about our vaccination status.  Then we wanted to experience the old Bang Sue Junction train station before the opened the new Bang Sue Grand, so we took a taxi there to board a wonderful, new Chinese-built train for a 1st class experience to Hua Hin.  Again no one asked about vaccination status, Covid testing, etc.  I think all anyone cared about is that we wore masks.

In retrospect, spending two hours at the Bang Sue Junction train station was more than enough "local color".  I've really been out of circulation for two years and had forgotten what the experience was like of walking up and down a row of Thai food stalls, looking for one that cooked food to order and was fairly clean.  And then eating that food while perched on a little plastic stool in the stifling heat.  

After our lunch, a friendly, English-speaking SRT employee came to us as we sat in the waiting area, looked at our tickets and told us where to sit to be near our train car on arrival.  Since we had booked 1st class tickets, I asked if there was an airconditioned 1st class lounge at the station and he had a nice laugh.

• Like 2