Where at Suvarnabhumi to get reentry permit?

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not at all. 

Not now :smile:

I remember times before Covid when zone 2 was closed due to overcrowding (hall packed) and people directed to zone 3 further down.

On the last observations international departure was deserted.

Maybe a tiny bit more life now.

(I use to spend some time walking the departure hall before going for a domestic flight)

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not now :smile:

I remember times before Covid when zone 2 was closed due to overcrowding (hall packed) and people directed to zone 3 further down.

On the last observations international departure was deserted.

Maybe a tiny bit more life now.

(I use to spend some time walking the departure hall before going for a domestic flight)

Not sure exactly what your referring to.

The reentry permit application is done in an office, yes zone 2. 

Has there every been a time when the reentry permit process has taken a long time. 

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure exactly what your referring to.

I refer to times when you could not even enter zone 2.

Did I write about today?

No idea why it is even worth a quote.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I refer to times when you could not even enter zone 2.

Did I write about today?

No idea why it is even worth a quote.

Stop.

The thread is about obtaining a reentry permit at the airport.

Have you not been able to obtain one? Had trouble personally obtaining one. No.

Good. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 hours ago, Why Me said:

Never done this before. Where is the place? Same forms to be filled as for CW? Does it take long? Thanks.

As you come down the stairs after security it is in the corner of the room next to the glazed wall. 

Give yourself a bit of time to walk between the 2 desks, 1 has school kids checking docs and the main one has the immigration officer who gets the glory of placing the stamp in your PP. 

SHAEMUS 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Why Me said:

Never done this before. Where is the place? Same forms to be filled as for CW? Does it take long? Thanks.

You do, of course, realise, don't you, that, in order to be able to re-enter Thailand, you will, as things stand, need to provide a scan of a re-entry permit as part of a Thailand Pass application. Are you planning to take your chances and apply for the Thailand Pass while you are outside Thailand? If so this strikes me as a rather risky strategy! Far better to get the Thailand Pass done and dusted before you set off on your travels if at all possible IMHO - even if this means having to obtain the re-entry permit at CW Immigration rather than at the airport.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

in order to be able to re-enter Thailand, you will, as things stand, need to provide a scan of a re-entry permit as part of a Thailand Pass application

I'm confused.

Under the impression that the Thailand Pass has nothing to do with visas or reentry permit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The re-entry permit desk is after security shortly before the departure immigration desks in Immigration zone 2.

Same TM8 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached and passport copies. You can also pay a 200 baht service fee and they will do everything including the photo.

But surely best to get it at your local Immigration rather than leave it “ last minute/ last resort” at Airport.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No..  its not ‘surely best’ because getting the ‘re-entry visa’ at Suvarnabumi airport is extremely simple... 

So what ? Same at Immigration. There is no different process. If that airport desk is closed you’re screwed. No point risking it. Just common sense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

But surely best to get it at your local Immigration rather than leave it “ last minute/ last resort” at Airport.

Absolutely not imo.

Some folk are handy to immigration so obtaining at imm office is fine.

Even when I'm doing my annual extension at CW, I wouldn't even bother getting new que ticket for reentry permit desk.

Airport works a treat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Absolutely not imo.

Some folk are handy to immigration so obtaining at imm office is fine.

Even when I'm doing my annual extension at CW, I wouldn't even bother getting new que ticket for reentry permit desk.

Airport works a treat. 

Pure logic dictates not to leave it that late unless your Immi office not convenient. Works a treat ….until it doesn’t and visa cancelled at airport with re- entry desk unmanned… yeah I know that never happens but still …..

• Haha 1

Now will do the yearly re-entry permit when renew my visa.

Tried a few times did it airport while departing previously.

Quite stress as scared of forgotten and lead to visa not valid. ????

Get it early if possible, don't wait until last minutes.

Really not worth the consequences...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

So what ? Same at Immigration. There is no different process. If that airport desk is closed you’re screwed. No point risking it. Just common sense. 

The airport ‘re-entry desk’ is never closed... there is always someone from immigration at the airport. 

There is no need to travel all the way to your immigration office to do something that can easily be done at the airport (unless as below a person is extremely forgetful).

39 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

with re- entry desk unmanned… yeah I know that never happens but still …..

I travelled through an very empty airport in the midst of the lock-down - no one at the re-entry desk, I simply mentioned to the IO officer, he got another IO officer to take me back to the desk and processed my re-entry permit... a few mins... no hassles (certainly easier than travelling out to Chaengwattana).

33 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Tried a few times did it airport while departing previously.

Quite stress as scared of forgotten and lead to visa not valid. ????

IF someone is forgetful enough to forget they need a re-entry permit they have bigger issues than a re-entry permit !!!  

But, yeah, if someone is the sort of person who knows they are absent minded enough to remember to get their re-entry permit when departing Thailand, then travelling out to the Immigration to get this re-entry permit may not be such a wasteful endeavour. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The airport ‘re-entry desk’ is never closed... there is always someone from immigration at the airport. 

There is no need to travel all the way to your immigration office to do something that can easily be done at the airport (unless as below a person is extremely forgetful).

I travelled through an very empty airport in the midst of the lock-down - no one at the re-entry desk, I simply mentioned to the IO officer, he got another IO officer to take me back to the desk and processed my re-entry permit... a few mins... no hassles (certainly easier than travelling out to Chaengwattana).

IF someone is forgetful enough to forget they need a re-entry permit they have bigger issues than a re-entry permit !!!  

But, yeah, if someone is the sort of person who knows they are absent minded enough to remember to get their re-entry permit when departing Thailand, then travelling out to the Immigration to get this re-entry permit may not be such a wasteful endeavour. 

Good to hear the airport ReEntry process is infallible here BUT logically to me it’s like buying a flight ticket or new suitcase or a shirt, or have a shower, see a doctor, etc., at the airport , yeah you can do it but why would you ?

personally I like to bring forward all important stuff & get it done asap not postpone it ! 

Phuket Immi is 30 minutes away & the ReEntry is same desk as COR or downstairs from extensions, with small lines, so can easily be combined with other business (unlike CW it seems)……

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really cannot expect everyone can be like you, never forgot to do re-entry permit while departing. ????

For my case, departing from Suvarnabhumi quite stress for heavy smoker like me as there's no smoking area inside airport.

Normally I don't go inside so early after checked in at airline counter.

The smoking area hide behind the plants outside departure hall/level also being removed already, don't see it 2 weeks ago. ????

Even not smokers friendly country Singapore, Changi Airport terminals can find quite a few smoking area available inside terminals.

Amazing Thailand. ????

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

Good to hear the airport ReEntry process is infallible here BUT logically to me it’s like buying a flight ticket or new suitcase or a shirt, or have a shower, see a doctor, etc., at the airport , yeah you can do it but why would you ?

Because its easy  !!!!!..... and its not like buying a shirt, having a shower or seeing a doctor etc, its nothing like that at all (the analogy is ridiculous) -

Getting a re-entry permit at the airport is something we know for a fact can be very easily done at the airport. 

personally I like to bring forward all important stuff & get it done asap not postpone it ! 

Phuket Immi is 30 minutes away & the ReEntry is same desk as COR or downstairs from extensions, with small lines, so can easily be combined with other business (unlike CW it seems)……

There is no harm in getting a re-entry permit ahead of time (nothing to do with postponement) - but this is not in the same bracket as ‘do not wait to do tomorrow what can be done today’.... as the Airport is the correct place to do a re-entry permit, as is immigration... 

IF someone is willing to go to the ‘extra effort’ to travel to immigration and do their re-entry permit that is fine... but its not the best advice, its wasting time to achieve exactly the same goal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Really cannot expect everyone can be like you, never forgot to do re-entry permit while departing. ????

For my case, departing from Suvarnabhumi quite stress for heavy smoker like me as there's no smoking area inside airport.

Normally I don't go inside so early after checked in at airline counter.

The smoking area hide behind the plants outside departure hall/level also being removed already, don't see it 2 weeks ago. ????

Even not smokers friendly country Singapore, Changi Airport terminals can find quite a few smoking area available inside terminals.

Amazing Thailand. ????

Well... If you care more about your next cigarette than remembering a re-entry permit I can see how you may get stressed about the potential to forget - thus,... in your situation ensuring you ‘can’t’ forget by travelling out to immigration to get the re-entry permit ahead of time makes sense.... 

But, that is still not the best advice for a normal person capable of remembering something simple at an airport. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xxeo said:

Just one more time to make it sure:

This Re-Entry Permit Desk at BKK Airport is definitively open -- right now? Reliable?

Yes. It's very easy. I got re-entry permits there in December and again just 2 weeks ago. Super quiet and took no more than 5 minutes each time. Best if you can print out and complete the form at home and stick on picture before you get there. 1,000 Baht single re-entry. Think about 3,800 for multi re-entry. You MUST get re-entry BEFORE passing the immigration desks.

• Like 2

There are always immigration staff at the BKK airport. The desk has never been closed on all the many occassions I have either needed to use it or passed by. They even transferred a multi re-entry permit to my new passport in 2019. Hassle free and much easier/faster than at Chaeng Wattana in my experience.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1