Thailand Pass Help

Our border run to Singapore just ran into a big problem in the form of a positive pre-flight PCR-RT test. Warning to all - this is a result of having Covid two months ago and still having Covid antigens in our bodies (If you get Covid then get a Certificate of Recovery).

If I read the Thailand Pass rules correctly, we now must wait 14 days (after test) before returning to Thailand. This places us in April of course, and no pre-flight PCR-RT test will be required then. But we want to get back asap.

Does anybody know of another way to address this problem, or can you recommend a professional in this field that I can go to???

Thanks, George

• Like 1

So, once you have covid, will it show up in your RT-PCR Test? How about antigen test? Will it also show up in antigen test? If it shows up in PCR/Antigen tests, how would somebody know they have recovered fully (except absent of symptoms). Just curious to know. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

So, once you have covid, will it show up in your RT-PCR Test? How about antigen test? Will it also show up in antigen test? If it shows up in PCR/Antigen tests, how would somebody know they have recovered fully (except absent of symptoms). Just curious to know. 

ATK will usually only detect an active or very recent infection. RT-PCR is similar to a DNA test, so it can pick up fragments of dead virus for weeks even months after infection.

There is no way to 'prove' you have fully recovered. There are various estimates in the range of 5-14 days, or following 2 days of negative ATK tests, after which it is assumed you are no longer infectious even if you are still testing positive.

get recovery certificate from thailand, by whatever means. Do antibody test, if shows high antibodies, do send to thai doctor, it would be proof of your previous infection.

Throw away your pcr (if not officially recorded in singapore and not forced to isolate/self-isolate) and enter on 1st april with recovery.

Mind you, that you might have another strain of covid now.

The last time I went to hospital with my lungs problem and recovery certificate from February, they kicked me out from indoor clinic to covid ward in the hospital back yard. Just like that.

My nurse friend confirmed that 2 covids within a month are possible. That's what they are told in hospitals

Edited by internationalism

19 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

'officially"with a recovery certificate.

1 minute ago, treetops said:

If you were officially diagnosed two months ago then whoever did the test may be able to issue the required recovery certificate based around the date of the test.  That would allow you to enter immediately.

the only airline which is taking positives is emirates.

Not sure, if they are flying now sin-bkk

Thanks for all the feedback.

To clear the air, we did not see a doctor 2 months ago when  we had Covid as it was mild and the hospitals were full. We did the ATK tests from positive to negative. And, of course, we had the professionally administered ATK pre-flight test and upon arrival self-test here in Singapore. All were negative except the initial tests 2 months ago.

BTW, I can get a Certificate of Recovery here in Singapore after only 7 days, but I doubt (?) that Thailand would accept it.

Again, if anybody knows an agent, or other professional, who handles these sort of problems please let me know.

g

I think you might have to wait until 1st April when no more pre flight tests are needed, but you will run the risk of being kidnapped on arrival by some guys in YMCA outfits and spend days in hospital if you test positive during your arrival screening..

1 hour ago, tezzaaa said:

I think you might have to wait until 1st April when no more pre flight tests are needed, but you will run the risk of being kidnapped on arrival by some guys in YMCA outfits and spend days in hospital if you test positive during your arrival screening..

it's not 100% true.... if the airline still need a PCR Test, then even after 1st April you need to do the PCR!
This new rules only affects people who fly with an airline who not need PCR Tests before flight.

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

it's not 100% true.... if the airline still need a PCR Test, then even after 1st April you need to do the PCR!
This new rules only affects people who fly with an airline who not need PCR Tests before flight.

Which airlines require a PCR test independent of country rules?

• Like 1

medconsult clinic in thonglor does recovery certificates for 1900b.

With antidated you can enter on 1st and be released home on 2nd.

That, if somehow your airline or singa immigration doesn't hold of your positive results and start asking questions. Be firm

Edited by internationalism

This is going to be a growing problem for those who need to travel frequently when a PCR test is required.

Remnant / skeletal rNA getting amplified and detected in ‘some’ cases to provide a positive result can have a significant impact on the convenience of travel for people who are obviously non-symptomatic and non-contagious. 

The letter of recovery is one thing - but Covid-19 is now so common and so innocuous many are simply isolating at home and have no medical proof of recovery when a PCR test picks up remnant rNA a few months later. 

This is going end up forcing people to ‘fake’ test results and certificates unless a sensible solution can be found, such as airlines accepting a pre-flight ATK test and declaration

i.e. where people legally declare they have taken a pre-flight ATK and its negative, in much the same manner we declare there are no Lithium-ion batteries in our checked in luggage. 

As far as the solution for the OP: Unfortunately we are in that transition period where decision makers still don’t want to be held accountable for relaxing rules and international travel is still one of the easiest targets on which to remain stringent.

7 minutes ago, Conrad65 said:

Re. ‘Which airlines require PCR test independent of country rules’….Qatar Airways requesting PCR for March 31st departure (Doha) April 1st arrival (BKK). I was planning to do one regardless just to be safe.

Qatar the country requires a pre-test. Qatar Airways doesn't. If you are travelling to a country with no pre-test requirement (e.g. the UK), then Qatar Airways does not require you to have any sort of test to fly with them.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, georgesch said:

BTW, I can get a Certificate of Recovery here in Singapore after only 7 days, but I doubt (?) that Thailand would accept it.

Correct.  Thailand requires it to be minimum 15 days and maximum 3 months before arrival.

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

These 2 sites have conflicting information. IATA says the certificate has to have been issued at least 15 days before arrival and the Thai Embassy site says infected more than 14 days before.

I think that means...

A ‘cleared infection’ more than 14 days with a certificate.

(i.e. more than 14 days is the same as 15 days or more)

Thus: i.e. as soon as someone who has had Covid-19 is medically deemed free of Covid-19 (and recovered), they have to wait 15 days or more and have a corresponding certificated dated at the start of their recovery (more than 14 days / 15 days or more before travelling)

OK, we are now back in Thailand! Let me recap...

Saturday - Took Pre-flight PCR test in Singapore prior to Monday's flight to BKK

Monday - Received POSITIVE result! Apparently from residue antigens of Covid from early February. No symptons. Canceled flight booking.

Tuesday - We could get Singapore Certificate of Recovery after 7 days and leave Friday. But then would have to apply for a new ThaiPass  ????. So we got antigen test from Dr. Ti ((DTAP clinic, highly recommended)).

Wednesday - Got antigen results and the Letter of Recovery from him based on the low antigen count, stating that Covid was 6 weeks old and not infectious. Changed SHA+ hotel booking and made flight booking for Thursday. Within 72 hour ThaiPass flexibility limit. 

Thursday - proceeded to Changi with CoR not up to Thai standards (should show positive Covid test more than 14 days prior), but why not? We were told by Scoot at Changi that we could have boarded plane on Monday with Positive result (??). Anyhow, were not impressed with my Singaporean CoR, and asked if we had anything from February showing we had Covid. Not really, we said. How about a picture, they replied. For some reason I had a picture of two positive ATK tests dated February on my phone - that got us on the plane! little problem with the 72 hour out of date ThaiPass in Bangkok, but not much. BKK Health inspector happy with Singapore CoR, did not look at ATK pic. Hotel took PCR sample upon arrival.

Friday - PCR test comes back Negative! <deleted>! We are free to go.

Things are changing fast, but my one regret was not going to the airport on Monday with the Positive result and see what happens. Also, if you have had Covid - get a Certificate of Recovery.

All good now, already had some Phad See Ew to celebrate. Hope this is useful to somebody....