Police Offer 3000 Baht Reward to Street Race Informants

snoop1130

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I would never grass on most occasions as I am often guilty of breaking laws that I don't agree with.

But rapists and child molesters?? I would do anything in my power to have them castrated and jailed.

I have made it abundantly clear my concern is about State Trained grasses.

Hope the capitalisation helps. 

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Are neighbour watches trained as juveniles by the police. 

The cops will come out and address your Neighborhood Watch group, along with providing literature, communications and other support.  Effectively, state trained grasses.

I agree that they shouldn't be soliciting reports of thought crimes, but ratting out scooter racing isn't a bad thing, especially if it saves innocent lives.   And calling the popo when you see someone breaking into your neighbor's home is also grassing to The State, but I don't know anyone who's against that.

I think 3000 baht will be the deal killer, though.  Should base it on a percentage of the fines, with anonymity assured.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

The cops will come out and address your Neighborhood Watch group, along with providing literature, communications and other support.  Effectively, state trained grasses.

I agree that they shouldn't be soliciting reports of thought crimes, but ratting out scooter racing isn't a bad thing, especially if it saves innocent lives.   And calling the popo when you see someone breaking into your neighbor's home is also grassing to The State, but I don't know anyone who's against that.

I think 3000 baht will be the deal killer, though.  Should base it on a percentage of the fines, with anonymity assured.

My problem isn’t with people reporting crime, it is with the idea of the bib training 18,000 juveniles to be grasses or whatever they may be called.

I really don’t see that as being effectively a neighbourhood watch scheme. 

Edited by Bluespunk