Video: Pitbulls from temple invade house - young child runs to safety, vicious animals tear pet cat to shreds

webfact

1 minute ago, greenmonkey said:

I just DON'T get this mentality that seems to be the norm here. If I knew there was even the smallest chance that someone might get hurt because I did not take certain steps - i would not be able to sleep at night. Yet these certain types of people just don't seem to give a damn.

I just DON'T get this mentality that seems to be the norm here.

not just thailand, nothing thai about this, it's people that are the problem. a 17 month old baby has just been killed in the uk by a dog purchased by the father a week before. you wonder what some people are thinking.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Interesting.......watch the unedited version............

The kid gets the cat down from a high ledge and places it in the middle of the floor.

He then opens the glass door and intentionally lets the dogs in to attack the cat.

That does not seem to be quite what happened. 

The Bangkok Post has the longer video today and the dogs were not visible at the door while the cats were on the floor.  The boy was sitting on the step apart from the cats when the dogs came into shot and and burst through a clearly closed door. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Would you euthanize a cat for torturing a bird for a couple of hours before leaving it twitching to it's slow death? It's instinct - my Thai mutts kill rats, chickens, snakes, squirrels all the time. Anything that moves in fact. They actually quite liked our cat but the feeling wasn't mutual so it decided to go live with the neighbours. That's cat loyalty for you ????.

As for the kid, kids that age don't really assess risk well or consider the consequences of their actions. I'm sure the trauma of seeing the cat's demise will have taught him a valuable lesson.

In other words, you are an irresponsible dog owner.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, island coconut said:

In other words, you are an irresponsible dog owner.

Sometimes when you know nothing about someone's situation, it's best to keep quiet and not embarrass yourself ????

We have a farm near Korat and the dogs live on the farm. 4 of them we rescued (in very poor condition) from the streets, we took them in, fed them, vaccinated them, spayed them. They never leave the farm and they don't bother anyone who doesn't enter the farm. 

If taking in starving strays, vaccinating and spaying them and giving them 2 quality meals a day and a very pleasant life snoozing in the shade on a farm is irresponsible, then I guess I am guilty as charged ????.

As you can see, it's a terrible environment for dogs to live.

image.png.cc056a1efac1e78b94655c0ae059c243.png

Edited by JonnyF

18 hours ago, digger70 said:

Isn't it about time the Government get their sh!t together and get rid of All the Soi dogs before anymore Children or Anyone gets hurt or killed it doesn't matter what type or mongrel it is they are All Dangerous. 

It seems that Soi dogs life are More imported than Peoples lives.   ????

If the soi dogs life’s was important, there would not be any soi dogs, easy and a simple true statement. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

If the soi dogs life’s was important, there would not be any soi dogs, easy and a simple true statement. 

You are Wrong,They are more important than peoples lives otherwise the people & Government would've Eradicated them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

You are Wrong,They are more important than peoples lives otherwise the people & Government would've Eradicated them.

Seems you think the soi dogs live a healthy and a good life? Or dogs in Thailand is a protected specie? 

Most dogs have bad health, and get to live as long they do not harm people or animals. It is only in tourist areas they have some kind of protection by volouteers who try to save them, have a neuture program, and give them vaccines, replace and adoption and proper nutrition. Rest of the country they live mostly on rice and vegetables if lucky to have somebody who feed them, and really not much cared for.

If dogs was cared for and a protected animal, there would not been any soil dogs. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Seems you think the soi dogs live a healthy and a good life? Or dogs in Thailand is a protected specie? 

Most dogs have bad health, and get to live as long they do not harm people or animals. It is only in tourist areas they have some kind of protection by volouteers who try to save them, have a neuture program, and give them vaccines, replace and adoption and proper nutrition. Rest of the country they live mostly on rice and vegetables if lucky to have somebody who feed them, and really not much cared for.

If dogs was cared for and a protected animal, there would not been any soil dogs. 

But there are Soi dogs and you stated a big problem Denutting doesn't get rid of them Feeding doesn't get rid of them Most of the time they don't have enough food that's why they fight and hassle people . That's why they have to be Culled .

If they culled then don't have to suffer from Fleas Ticks and Mange  and hunger . Grow up everyone  Knows this but the Government Doesn't Care and Most people don't care they just let the Dogs suffer .

On 3/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, JonnyF said:

Would you euthanize a cat for torturing a bird for a couple of hours before leaving it twitching to it's slow death? It's instinct - my Thai mutts kill rats, chickens, snakes, squirrels all the time. Anything that moves in fact. They actually quite liked our cat but the feeling wasn't mutual so it decided to go live with the neighbours. That's cat loyalty for you ????.

As for the kid, kids that age don't really assess risk well or consider the consequences of their actions. I'm sure the trauma of seeing the cat's demise will have taught him a valuable lesson.

I actually watched the cat torture a pigeon on my CCTV.

Not a nice experience and if I was at home I would have done something about it.

Yes I realise it's instinct but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

As far as the kid is concerned, some of them just have an evil streak, they know exactly what they're doing. Although I agree with you they probably do not understand the ramifications of their actions.