Waiver for Teaching License

gzmr

The last time I taught in Thailand was almost 7 years ago, where I reached the limit of my waivers. I've been teaching in China since then and currently back in Thailand. I got a new passport a few years back so my current number is not connected to the waivers I previously got. When I check on the KSP site nothing shows up for my current passport, but when I key in my old number the previous waivers are listed.

Does anyone know if the passport number is the only thing that is used for the waivers? Or is there something else that is connected to it, like a tax id number or something?

I have an interview at a school coming up and I don't want to waste my time with going through the onboarding process if I know that it's just going to be rejected later on. Also, I don't plan on teaching for more than a year or so here so I have no interest in getting the license.

Thanks for any input..

From experience, I think they are all going to show up.   I never taught that long, luckily, but I remember someone saying private schools, language centers, and universities don't need the krusapa or sapa or whatever.  

If it's only for a year, I'm sure you can handle a private school in this environment (low supply I'm sure).  

Remember, this is Thailand.  They can give you the title of garbage collector and that might be enough.  Or assistant.  or anything that doesn't need that sapa thing.

• Like 1

I’ve heard a new passport works, just ‘heard’ though 

Would be interested to hear people’s experiences 

Another option would be to enrol on a crappy course for 5000-6000 baht to get reference letter which can be used to get another waiver 

On 3/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, Iamfalang said:

From experience, I think they are all going to show up.   I never taught that long, luckily, but I remember someone saying private schools, language centers, and universities don't need the krusapa or sapa or whatever.  

If it's only for a year, I'm sure you can handle a private school in this environment (low supply I'm sure).  

Remember, this is Thailand.  They can give you the title of garbage collector and that might be enough.  Or assistant.  or anything that doesn't need that sapa thing.

Not all private schools. It all depends if they fall under the OBEC banner, which most of them do.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if the school is private. All fall under obec, regulated by MOE.

I think TCT will turn up your waivers. That passport trick died ages ago. Even you could find them.

Why don't you get yourself enrolled in a post grad diploma so you can have the school submit a letter of enrollment with your paperwork?

Edited by TheScience

What about international schools?

Surely, if they are truly international and following a foreign curriculum, them the Thai MoE and Krusapa should not govern them. 

Or am I wrong there?

On 3/28/2022 at 10:55 AM, 2009 said:

What about international schools?

Surely, if they are truly international and following a foreign curriculum, them the Thai MoE and Krusapa should not govern them. 

Or am I wrong there?

True. You don't even need a teacher license to teach at an international school. Of course, you do need to have the proper credentials. A bachelor in music history won't cut it.

11 hours ago, MarcelV said:

True. You don't even need a teacher license to teach at an international school. Of course, you do need to have the proper credentials. A bachelor in music history won't cut it.

Haha

I dunno, there are some very mediocre international schools here.

• Like 1

I've honestly no idea tbh but do think that teachers foreign and Thai need to hold Thai teaching licenses. In many or most proper international schools you need a teaching credential from home country and I believe that gets you the local license as well. Additionally, some years of employment in home country. Certain teachers in Thailand, certain conditions at some schools might squeek in with online PGCE, etc but that's quite rate and pay will not be the same.

The other *international* schools are just in name and I suspect (again a guess) that they actually fall under obec, moe. International is not a standard but just a name.