Insurance

BudRight

I don't see any old topics on this that are definitive. I would like mobile phone insurance that covers water damage, theft, loss and physical damage. Basically delux insurance. Does anyone know who sells this? My search results have been a bit confusing. 

I don't think you'll find insurance for a mobile phone on a stand-alone basis. 

You might be able to insure a mobile phone under a homeowner's or renter's insurance policy along with your other possessions.

I'd suggest you contact an insurance broker and discuss your needs.

Good luck.

Self insure.

If you're very unlucky and break/lose/get it stolen then accept the hit. It's likely (certainly with phone insurance in the UK) that you'll:

1) be paying a very high premium

2) have a high deductible/excess

3) quite likely find your claim is excluded due to small print or terms/conditions

4) wait an extremely long time time for fix/replacement

Getting water damage repaired (many phones are rated for immersion in water nowadays) or cracked screens replaced is easy and not too expensive these days at many stores. A screen protector can help. As for theft then look after your belongings and you'll be fine.

29 minutes ago, BudRight said:

My experience with my American insurer has much better than that. I'm looking at spending about 50,000 baht on my next phone, so insurance is a must.

What are the premiums, exclusions, co-pay/excess and small print? Please share in detail.

14 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

What are the premiums, exclusions, co-pay/excess and small print? Please share in detail.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.mobileInsurance.html

I had this insurance in 2020 when my iPhone X was stolen in Colombia in March of that year. When I returned to the US later that month I filed a claim and they replaced it my mail the next day. I think my deductible was $150 due to a discount for not filing a claim since August 2018.

Edited by BudRight
  • Thanks 1