Tourist visa insurance

I am finding it very difficult to find the insurance required for a 30 day tourist visa due to my age no one want to provide insurance at a reasonable rate.   I have heard that it may be possible to provide self insurance in the form of money available in a Thai bank account.,     Would appreciate it of anyone has any information on this method in lieu of buying insurance.

Thanks

It says on FWD insurance first page that it has 14 days waiting period unless a PCR test done 72 hours before flight...

Now if pre-flight PCR test is abandoned from 1 April by Thailand, does that mean I need to buy this policy 14 days before my flight...? 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:20 AM, Agusts said:

It says on FWD insurance first page that it has 14 days waiting period unless a PCR test done 72 hours before flight...

Now if pre-flight PCR test is abandoned from 1 April by Thailand, does that mean I need to buy this policy 14 days before my flight...? 

Any idea guys, I need to get this 30 days insurance shortly so need to understand what it says and what I need to do ...?

Anyone had any other cheap 30 days insurance (even UK) that works for Thai Pass... , FWD is 650b , so hard to beat...! 

I contacted FWD insurance about the 14 days waiting requirement. They said even though Thailand no longer requires pre-flight PCR test, unless I do it my policy will not be valid due to this term being in T&C ...!!! 

Alternatively he said can start the policy 14 days before arrival...!

However, that means I'm only insured for 2 weeks after arrival - not sure if Thai Pass accept this for people returning to live with retirement non-O visa and extension..., or will they !?!?

I thought I can also buy the 60 days insurance option with them , at 1050 baht still cheaper than any other I know...