Transfer Mozilla Thunderbird from Windows 7 to Windows 11.

up2you2

I have a 91.6.0 932-bit version of Mozilla Thunderbird on my Windows 7 laptop, I want to transfer that in keeping, with all the present folders in it, to a Windows 11 64 bit PC.

I would be most grateful, if someone could let me know the various stages I have to go through please. 

In trying to find a solution, why I cannot currently set up a new account on my Windows 10 PC - error message yellow warning sign: Unable to login in at server. Probably wrong configuration, I thought it may have something to do with the Server Settings.
These are the details of the existing copies of Thunderbird currently working:

Old original SSD now on a new (secondhand) ancient Fujitsu laptop:
Server Type: POP Mail Server
Server Name: pop.gmail.com Port 995 Default 995
Username: Name
Security Settings
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Authentication method: Normal password 

New installation of Thunderbird (no detailed folders now) Windows 11 PC
Server Type: IMAP Mail Server
Server Name: imap.gmail.com Port 993 Default 993
User Name: Name (same as laptop)@gmail.com
Security Settings
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Authentication method: OAuth2

Is there a conflict here, that is prohibiting a new installation of my Windows 10 machine?
I have read this possible solution:
Success!!!! When I switched my outgoing server BACK to comcast.net on port 465 (from 587) , a window popped up ( it hadn't popped up previously) that asked for my comcast email password. After entering that, everything seems OK now.
Is this safe to do, switching Ports?

I don't see why you were setting up a new account.

The procedure is utterly trivial, just copy over the old profile contents to the new profile folder. All your accounts, extensions, themes, and mail would be there and Thunderbird would be exactly the same as you had.

Same as with somebody recently wanting to transfer his Firefox bookmarks & settings.

• Like 1

Just been informed of the following, be grateful if there are those that can confirm this please:

A direct copy/image of my current Windows 7 Thunderbird, which is held in a POP3 account, on a laptop, cannot be directly transferred to a new copy of Thunderbird, installed on my Windows 11 PC.

Not possible, can't be done.
Correct or not?

My problem with the missing folders is because your Thunderbird profile on the Win7 PC is setup as POP3 (i.e. all the messages/folders are stored on the local PC) and my Thunderbird profile on the Win11 PC is setup as IMAP (i.e. all the messages/folders are stored on the remote mail server)

Since the IMAP profile didn’t have any of the POP3 profile folders setup on the mail server, all the messages you transferred over where placed in their “default” locations.

So the six million dollar question is this, how can I transfer my POP3 messages from a Windows 7 laptop, to my Windows 11 PC please?

This issue has been painstakingly, finally resolved:

https://www.askwoody.com

In fact I feel it is so important for others, that this solution should be posted on your site as a new topic.
But I don't know what the etiquette is in doing so, and secondly just how to display it, in the exact same manner.
Could you please come back to me on these points?