Illegal border crossings are expected to reach over two million this year,

It's interesting.

In the paragraph above, it says "encounters." And on the graph found in the link, the title of the graph says "apprehensions." 

"Encounters." "Apprehensions." 

If I saw a police report that said, "The police have made twice as many burglary arrests this year," I might  conclude from that---(using the slanted perspective the Washington Examiner is using) - - - that there have been A LOT more burglaries this year!

Or, if I'm being fair about it, I might conclude instead  that the police have upped their game, and they've successfully caught more criminals, this year! That, in fact, there may not have been any more burglaries....... just more ARRESTS! 

Cuz, you see, that report I'm imagining is about ARRESTS, not burglaries! How many burglaries had actually occurred........... is still unknown! 

So, let's go back to "encounters," "apprehensions." That report doesn't actually say ANYTHING that indicates that more Illegals have been entering the country!

It MAY, though, indicate that the Border Patrol has been highly effective

Projected: 2.1 million encounters/apprehensions.

Sorry, but to me, that looks like a record of remarkable success! 

The Border Patrol has zero control over how many people TRY. They only have control over how many people THEY STOP! 

Cheers!

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

17 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

It's interesting.

In the paragraph above, it says "encounters." And on the graph found in the link, the title of the graph says "apprehensions." 

"Encounters." "Apprehensions." 

If I saw a police report that said, "The police have made twice as many burglary arrests this year," I might  conclude from that---(using the slanted perspective the Washington Examiner is using) - - - that there have been A LOT more burglaries this year!

Or, if I'm being fair about it, I might conclude instead  that the police have upped their game, and they've successfully caught more criminals, this year! That, in fact, there may not have been any more burglaries....... just more ARRESTS! 

Cuz, you see, that report I'm imagining is about ARRESTS, not burglaries! How many burglaries had actually occurred........... is still unknown! 

So, let's go back to "encounters," "apprehensions." That report doesn't actually say ANYTHING that indicates that more Illegals have been entering the country!

It MAY, though, indicate that the Border Patrol has been highly effective

Projected: 2.1 million encounters/apprehensions.

Sorry, but to me, that looks like a record of remarkable success! 

The Border Patrol has zero control over how many people TRY. They only have control over how many people THEY STOP! 

Cheers!

Please post a link to a liberal based news agency boasting about the success of out Southern Border Policy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please post a link to a liberal based news agency boasting about the success of out Southern Border Policy. 

No idea if such exists, and really don't care. Why would I? 

I express my own views, from my own head; not someone else's. 

I humbly encourage you: If that's what you're looking for, do your own research. Don't "challenge" others to do your "research" for you. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Just before he left office, Trump visited the border & claimed “we built the wall.”

Trump isn’t stupid but he knows what the stupid people want to hear. 

Republican focus groups know that immigrants are hated by the base and it’s almost election time so let’s trigger the racist bigoted demographic…again….so have the right wing echo chamber roll out the: Caravans of diseased, drug dealing, murdering, terrorist, rapists are invading the USA to vote illegally for Democrats!”

Fact is, for generations, every spring the Mexicans go north for seasonal jobs that Americans won’t do… they dig the ditches, carry the cement, wash the cars, grow the vegetables, clean the fish, trim the hedges…then go home again in October after the harvest season. 
They come because… wait for it….Americans need them. 

If Jesus, Mary & Joseph came back today as refugees in America, these hyper conservative Christians would cage little baby Jesus in a detention center, label Joseph & Mary as undocumented, then deport them into a war zone.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please post a link to the completed wall.

According to Border Patrol, Trump completed 52 miles at a cost of $46,000,000 per mile. 

That's $8,712 per foot.

If Trump built a fence around your 1 acre property he would have charged you $7,318,181.

What a deal! How much of that ended up in the pockets of Trump and associates I wonder?

“Trump said the new border wall was “impenetrable.”

Smugglers have found that all you need to cut through the wall is a $100 saw.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1