Government Urges Provinces to Prepare for Songkran Travelers

webfact

1 hour ago, arick said:

Last time I checked today planes tickes are only  1500 baht from bkk to khon kaen normally they would be 3000 or 5000

In 10 years of going back and forth on that route I've never paid more than 1200. Last week I had a fare of 300 each way on VietJet via Opodo* but ended up not going as it would have required over two hours in a van to get from where I live to KK. No thanks, because of a possible lunatic van driver and also possibly sick passengers. I'll wait until they re-instate the bus service.

*had to join them to get the cheaper fare, at 50 or so Euros for a year, but that will pay for itself over a couple or so trips.

4 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

don't see how it's gonna work

It will never work because of the way people use their masks (shifting them up and down from chin to nose), re-using them for days in order to save money, remove them for a unnecessary selfi with friends, it wont work at all. It is only psychological protection between the ears.  Even elderly people re-use their masks for days, and keep on moving the mask up and down while talking touching the mask all the time. And then they start eating with their hands they just touched everything with and without washing them. And when alcohol comes into the mixture all boundaries are gone in a split second.  They should be using IIR of ffp2 masks and not the cheap paper or fabric masks.  It is doomed to fail.

covid-alcohol.jpg

So, the PM is more concerned with a few people catching Covid than the 65+ people who will die on the Thai roads with Songkrahn.
Excellent Prime Minister.

By all means, wear your masks with Songkrahn and keep social distance.
Forget the driving helmet, drunk and dangerous driving, etc...

Sad to have such a government ...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In 10 years of going back and forth on that route I've never paid more than 1200. Last week I had a fare of 300 each way on VietJet via Opodo* but ended up not going as it would have required over two hours in a van to get from where I live to KK. No thanks, because of a possible lunatic van driver and also possibly sick passengers. I'll wait until they re-instate the bus service.

*had to join them to get the cheaper fare, at 50 or so Euros for a year, but that will pay for itself over a couple or so trips.

During new years  they normally triple in price.  They are 1500 now. 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

People who plan to visit their elderly family members are asked to wear masks at all times, avoid close and physical contact, refrain from eating and drinking together for long periods of time, and to celebrate the occasion in a well-ventilated area.

Not a snowball's chance in hell.