Online lottery ticket sales proposed for year end if overpricing persists

snoop1130

I really, really wish the lottery was changed to the UK/EU system whereby each player chooses their own numbers. 

At the moment the Thai system of selecting a ticket restricts the player to a very limited choice of tickets available from the seller.

If the winning number is a ticket sold in Udon for example, nobody else in the country can win.

they will switch to digital sales
put all the sellers out of an income
then likely raise the price from 80 to a round 100 baht

hopefully the app/service will not be produced locally
but i doubt that will happen????

Edited by patman30

On 3/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, Will B Good said:

This will certainly hit the 'little people' at the end of chain........doesn't seem right.

I feel it's a threat by the GLO to stop the price gouging as those who are over pricing will cause all sellers to lose a lot of sales which is, in the majority of cases. their only income.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, xyliavandyck said:

I'm not surprised that lottery ticket prices have gone up, although it's strange that someone still believes in winning.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe in the state lottery system, it looks like a fraud. I got the urge to find discounts on these tickets at https://www.dontpayfull.com/explore, although there are usually a lot of brand discounts out there. Government online projects are not a great success, and online payment can be a problem for many customers because lottery tickets are often purchased by the elderly.