great plug for Thailand and hockey

kingstonkid

45 minutes ago, dekestone said:

Not something you have to worry about anymore as that rink has been closed since the beginning of the pandemic and it appears now to be permanent. Hockey has apparently moved out to MegaBagna. https://www.bangkokicehockey.com/

They have an ice facility here at Futurepark that has the kids skating a learning a little hockey.  But yeah every time someone passes gas and it is called covid it is shut down.

2 hours ago, dekestone said:

Not something you have to worry about anymore as that rink has been closed since the beginning of the pandemic and it appears now to be permanent. Hockey has apparently moved out to MegaBagna. https://www.bangkokicehockey.com/

I am sure you are unaware but the rink at Central World has been open since November of last year.  The GF's daughter has skated on it now twice while using the penguin support as she skates, or learns to.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am sure you are unaware but the rink at Central World has been open since November of last year.  The GF's daughter has skated on it now twice while using the penguin support as she skates, or learns to.

Sorry, should have read your post more carefully as you did mention Central World. I was thinking of the rink at Central Rama 9 where they played hockey. That's where Johnny Oduya played when he was training during the NHL off-season a few years ago (as referenced by the OP). They had a full size hockey rink there; the one at Central World is a bit small for hockey, but a good place for kids to learn to skate, for sure.

Edited by dekestone
  • Like 1