Sparks fly as two Thai families meet - 31 year old dead after argument following toilet visit

webfact

ปกเว็บ-58-2-768x433.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that police in Bangkok in the Bang Kho Laem area were called to a massage establishment called Jimjum.

They found Phaitoon, 43, waiting for them with a knife that was taken into evidence. He is an environmental health officer with the Sathon district. 

Jakkrit, 31, a pump attendant with the PT group was stabbed multiple times. He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The media reported that Phaitoon and his family were joined by another for dinner. Seven were in attendance.

After Phaitoon and Jakkrit went to the toilet together they emerged and were arguing. 

Witnesses said the dead man attacked first with fists before being slayed by the attacks with a knife from the older man. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Another verbal disagreement settled with a weapon and death.  For a calm and smiling culture there sure is a lot of violence over verbal disputes.  

LOS = Land of Stabbing

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Life - and life sentences - fail to have any meaning these days, in many countries including my own UK

mainly because most prisons in the UK are like being in a hotel ,and open prison is like Butlins ,but free.

Fists can kill there are a number of incidents on record in the UK where old or vulnerable people were killed with one punch. If the yung man was much younger and decided to beat up the old man he could have cause life changing injuries including permanent brain damage.

I am old and disabled, if a young man/person attacked me I would put them down hard (if I could) the first time I respond (if I can) to the point of killing them or seriously maiming them to stop them recovering, getting up and continuing the attack. because I would have no chance whatsoever of stopping a sustained attack

I don't know what happened here, but to an old person, being attacked by a younger stronger man is very scary and life threatening.

The old man was carrying a knife which gives debate as to whether he actually started it all in the first place by lording it and insulting the younger man, carrying a knife to 'protect' himself because he had created such situations before

Edited by RobU

He is an environmental health officer along with others were eating in a massage establishmentMost health officers I know check out massage establishments to make sure no prostitution takes place must have been some serious discussion / disagreement going on while in the toilet together !