Flying VJ to BKK then Turkish to Germany - no Covid tests?

Barley

Hello, 

I will be flying soon from CNX on Vietjet to BKK and then Turkish to Germany.

From my research I do not need a Covid test on either airline since I am fully vaccinated. 

Is that correct? 

What are your experiences? 

Hm, yes you may be right, but I didn't want to be on hold for half an hour with the airline. 

That's exactly what happened with Turkish and when I finally did get an agent, they told me that only my vaccination certificate is needed and no test. 

From reading on this forum, I gathered that for my flight on Vietjet CNX to BKK no test is needed either. 

I used Turkish Airlines several times from Bangkok to Germany, last time end of December. No Covid-test was demanded by the airline. For boarding, they only demand that the passenger fulfills the regulation of the country of destination.

• Like 1

Just flew on VJ to BKK last Sunday and then on VJ back to CNX yesterday.  No questions about anything.

I continued to Trat (ultimately Koh Chang) last Sunday and returned yesterday to BKK on Bangkok Air.  While checking

in with BA for the flight to Trat, the check-in gal asked to see proof of vaccination (showed her my CDC card and Thai certificate).

[I have no clue about what rules (if any) apply to your Turkish Airlines, rules of any transit country, or rules of Germany...but you need to check them all]. 

Definitely nothing required to Bangkok (not even vaxx cert).

To Germany? Frigging complicated rule sets have existed.

BUT: since March 3, 2022 there are NO more countries categorized as "high risk" countries.

There is the worst category of "virus variant" countries which Thailand never was.

So from the rules it is very clear that a proof of vaccination is sufficient for entry to Germany,

Transit in Istanbul? I didn't try to find anything but very sure that there is no problem.

A mate from Germany had been here from 22 Feb to March 17(?) traveling with Turkish (to sandbox Phuket). No mention of any test on the way back.

What vaccines did you get?

Do you have MorProm with the EU compliant QR code?

Might be helpful.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What vaccines did you get?

Do you have MorProm with the EU compliant QR code?

2 of my 3 vaccines are AZ & Pfizer which are okay for Germany. Sinovac was my first shot, and that is not accepted in the EU.

I have all vaccination certs and passports that are possible to have, including my 30 year old yellow International Vaccination Passport updated with the current covid shots. - Took me some convincing for them to do that at the Provincial office, but after supervisor invention they did it. ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CMBob said:

Just flew on VJ to BKK last Sunday and then on VJ back to CNX yesterday.  No questions about anything.

OT question: Did VJ weigh your carry on? I think they allow 7 kg and they have been getting pretty strict about it, right?

I would like to get my check-in under 20 kg, let's see if I can succeed. I always book luggage less than 24 hour before the flight, because I never know how much it will be and if VJ cancels or I change my mind, I won"t be out so much money.

7 hours ago, Barley said:

OT question: Did VJ weigh your carry on? I think they allow 7 kg and they have been getting pretty strict about it, right?

No, my carry-on was pretty light. But also didn't notice anybody else' carry-on being weighed or checked (although admittedly I wasn't paying much attention to anything but my own items).   I was charged 422.65 baht for the 20kg of check-in luggage (one suitcase) but still remain amazed at how cheap some of the airline tickets are between here and Bangkok.