50% moderna dose

Neeranam

I received Moderna as a booster last month and I assume that I received a half dose as that is the recommendation for boosters. MedPark was aware that it was a booster, but I don't know how much they actually gave me.

The vaccination is listed in both the yellow international vaccination booklet and on the certificate issued by the hospital without any reference to the dosage.

• Thanks 1

I've had 2 shots of m-RNA vaccines and will not have another. I have been sick as a dog ever since with chronic fatigue, crazy blood results and other issues. If I am forced to get a booster, it's Sinovac or Sputnik5 for me

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comment removed

I had paid for 2 full doses of Moderna at THG, but when they finally made the vaccines available, I already had two Pfizer doses. After I got it as a booster, I asked if it was full or 50%. The nurse on duty said it was a full dose, and that I would have to make an appointment at their main hospital to get the 50% dose. She also said if I got the half dose, the insurance I paid for would not be valid, as it was based on the full dose. 

I also had a moderate reaction (slight sick feeling and headache, which a 3-hour nap cured) that then faded to no reaction after 2 days more (sore arm).

Edited by ClaySmc

I had one booster of Pfizer and six months later one booster of Moderna.  I wasn’t told if it was 50% or not. 
But this goes back to one of many studies that boosters can be given at 50%. 
Many people I know personally here and in the states have gotten sick for a day or two after the Pfizer or Moderna.  I only had some discomfort at the injection site. 

I have not heard of anyone getting a 1/2 dose of Moderna as a booster in thailand …when I asked for 1/2, their response was “you paid for a full so you are getting a full….”

one must have some immunity/reactionary issue to Moderna…..to say I am going for Sinovac next time as a booster is like saying I am no longer driving a BMW b/c of an accident so I am going Honda Jazz….

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I have not heard of anyone getting a 1/2 dose of Moderna as a booster in thailand

All Moderna boosters given in Thailand by the state are 50mcg (The same as the US), and free of charge. In the US a full dose (Primary) is 100mcg. Moderna was not an option for the primary doses regime here in Thailand due to no stock.

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

when I asked for 1/2, their response was “you paid for a full so you are getting a full….”

Private sector have seen you coming! No refunds! 

The size of the doses (ml/mcg) is not recorded on the international certificates or app.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:23 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I received Moderna as a booster last month and I assume that I received a half dose as that is the recommendation for boosters. MedPark was aware that it was a booster, but I don't know how much they actually gave me.

The vaccination is listed in both the yellow international vaccination booklet and on the certificate issued by the hospital without any reference to the dosage.

If you paid for it, you received a full dose whether it was your primary or booster. MedPark only gave half doses by special appointment. Full dose was the standard. (I asked them when I got mine).

I don't know if that was also the case for the free ones.

i got a moderna dose on feb 1 at bumrungrad (i paid for it).  it was in a sealed bag and i saw that 100mcg was on the sticker on the bag.  i'd previously had 2 pfizer april/may 2021 in USA.

i never felt sick after any of the doses.  but did feel fairly major fatigue.  watch tv, eat and sleep for a day or two.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, Pedrogaz said:

it's Sinovac or Sputnik5 for me

What do you think the world has been doing for the last two years?

ALL of the current vaccines have been fully tested across the world and the most used vaccine ( because it was sold at cost ) is Oxford Astra ZENICA and considered to have saved many millions from the ravages of Covid 19 and the Delta variant.

The BBC aired a program about two months ago about the success of OAZ, 

I have been a volunteer on the OAZ testing and research program every month both swabs and blood for the last two years and still am.

I have also had two full doses of AOZ, one of PHIZER and 3 days ago one on Modena, side effects yes, tired, headache and aching joints for two days maximum but certainly nothing to be ‘oh wow is me about’ or wimpy.

I am simply very grateful for the protection the vaccines have given me especially as I have seen several friends who refused them and caught Covid and sadly died horribly.

And as for the two vaccines you prefer ask yourself this question,

WHY are the two countries who produced your preferences and singularly used them are now awash again with Covid?
In particular China which is so bad it has to enforce total lockdown across the country again, whilst the rest of the world who used the properly tested and most efficacious vaccines OAZ, Pfizer, Modena, Johnson and Johnson are now coming out of it in leaps and bounds.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, Neeranam said:

I got it an no side effects yet, here's hoping there will be none tonight. 

how did you fare? I had a Moderna booster at BPH a week ago and it really knocked me around. I was a zombie for about four days, couldn't even drink a beer! it as 100 micrograms according to the nice lady that jabbed me.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Lemsta69 said:

how did you fare? I had a Moderna booster at BPH a week ago and it really knocked me around. I was a zombie for about four days, couldn't even drink a beer! it as 100 micrograms according to the nice lady that jabbed me.

No symptoms really. However I went out for dinner to a rooftop and was freezing. 18C but felt much lower. 

• 4 months later...

I had a Moderna vaccine as a booster the other day and was surprised about how robust the side effects were, although thankfully they were short-lived. My forehead felt hot enough to fry an egg, and every now and then I felt truly wretched. It's the first time I've ever had this sort of side effect from a vaccine. Note: Just reporting- not knocking it.

31 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I had a Moderna vaccine as a booster the other day and was surprised about how robust the side effects were, although thankfully they were short-lived. My forehead felt hot enough to fry an egg, and every now and then I felt truly wretched. It's the first time I've ever had this sort of side effect from a vaccine. Note: Just reporting- not knocking it.

Same.

I had Pfeizer for my first two shots then Moderna as a booster.

I had terrible pains in my right leg and eventually had to go to the hospital.

Still numb.

Finally got my fourth booster, Pfeizer 2 weeks ago.

I've heard Astra has given many people bad side effects.

Glad you are doing well. 

• Like 1