Cut-off time for for arriving in Thailand to avoid extra night stay in Test and Go hotel?

The rules may have changed since I arrived back in January.  But when I booked my hotel on Agoda, I had the option of selecting the time for my arrival Covid test.  My flight arrived BKK at 11pm and my test was scheduled for 3am....and received the results later that afternoon.

• Thanks 1

As Sheryl said contact hotel directly if it is not clear. I use the Bonvoy group hotels and on their app it is usually very clear exactly how long you may have to stay. The hotel I picked in BKK said 6 hours later I could go and it was exactly 6 hours when I got my call saying I was all set. I arrived about 12 noon and left at 6.  I have a condo here but I could have also stayed overnight for same price. Other Bonvoy hotels said overnight was mandatory. I also preferred doing PCR right on site at hotel. My driver pulled into hotel garage and someone was waiting from BNH to give me test when I rolled down my window and I checked in and was in my room 10 min later. Sometimes you have to go to a hospital first then hotel. After 22 hours of travel every minute counts for me. 

• Like 1

I agree .. ask the hotel directly.. the hotels that I’ve contacted and the one i will use, either do testing immediately upon arrival in the way to the hotel or the hospital has a few testing “windows” like a morning, midday and evening .. and most all of them said that the hospital was obligated to return the results within 10 to 12 hours max..

So… I can’t really see a *need* that you’d have to remain and pay for a second “day” as you’d be gone at some point the next day — I think for T&G the hotels aren’t really following the traditional check-in (commonly late AM to early midday) and out (commonly late AM) times that would normally apply to a traditional hotel stay. 

Even the food.. My hotel said that I’m entitled to 3 meals off their T&G menu… IF i am cleared to leave and i haven’t received all 3 meals, then i can either tell them what i’d want off the menu and they’ll box it for take-away or give me a hotel F&B credit.   So T&G bookings seem to operate with some fairly unique circumstances that you don’t see with traditional stays. 

On 4/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, pe747 said:

Friend of mine went to Sofitel Sukhumvit, paid an extra fee for express test and could leave the hotel after 4 hours.

What was the cost of this express?

Thx

A relative recently paid ~8,000 THB at Lohas Residences for 1 night with an express test. It came through in 2 hours. He landed at BKK 6.30pm, was tested at the hotel, had time for dinner and a shower and then his results came through. He was home by 11.30pm.

• Like 1