What's The Funniest Pattaya Store Sign You've Seen?

Weho

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of friends on their first visit to BKK took a taxi from the airport. They informed the driver to take then to a nice hotel. 'You know nice hotel' they asked him?

Yes sir , i know.

After driving for sometime, they noticed they were heading away from the busy city area

so they asked again 'nice hotel - you know'? Sure, sure sir dont wolly,

Suddenly the car stopped. Why you stop here they asked? This nice hotel sir!

Sure enough it was THE NICE H0TEL in some back water litle soi - god knows where.

Only 150 baht per night :o

You know what I like about this post? Its probably true! :D:D

Soundman.

In Port Harcourt (Nigeria) there is "The Sleazy Motel". And it was appropriately named.

Unfortunately I can only see placemarkers for the pictures on WISteve's posts (#51 and #60). The pictures will not come through, although all other pictures on this thread are fine. Anyone got any ideas please?

Same with me - maybe a pop-up blocker or similar?

Not to worry - missing a few pix has never been fatal to me yet.

:D Mr Weho, I'm using my imagination but nothing is appearing in my mind. What does the sign mean?

re: "Bakery Music" cd...

i used my imagination, and i can't figure out if it's music for the bakers working in the back, or if it's music for the customers out front.

It was probably by Bread.

How much dough were they asking for it?

:o

The most honest sign I've seen was on a shop in Phuket a few years ago - It was called "All You Can Pay"

Not Pattya or even Thailand but in Qrum in Oman there are a chain of family owned places called Faiq. So there is Faiq money, watches and jewellery. Always made me laugh anyway. I once asked the owner of the money (currency exchange) if he knew it would be pronounced FAKE and could put people off, his reply 'thanks be to Al'lah it hasn't yet'

Speaking of spelling mistakes, I was listening to that filthy American "shock jock", I think his name might be Howard Stern??? ... and his staff was playing some joke on some pizza delivery guy, trying to give them over the phone a really long and complicated last name, with like 23 letters... and in the middle, there were even a few numbers... the last name was something like "Sz3thqeifj8bbee47aeiouzk". The faux pizza workers asked the guy if he could just give his first name, and the shock jock person said, "no, you don't want that, it's way too complex... has too many numbers in it."

Naturally, hilarity ensued.

On third road opposite the busstation to ubon there is a new postal service office.They have some nice looking light boxes installed from dhl,ems and thailand post.Only thing is they put the publicity from thailand post inside out.Not sure if they noticed already.

from engrish.com it's full of this stuff.

That website is great.... of course, not as great as thaivisa.com, but almost as good...

my favorite there was: "please don't get nervous on a tatami mat", in Nagoya.

One from the menu in the restaurant at the old yacht club beach road (gone now - relocated to second road).

"Stewed beef with dishcloth" :o

I guess they were hoping we'd do the washing up.

That's so dis-jointed I can't work out what it is actually supposed to mean...

Soundman.

No, and I'm afraid I can't help as I never quite worked up the courage to order it.

Couldn't for the life of me imagine why? :D:D

Soundman.

maybe it is meant to be stewed beef with FISHSAUCE but that would not tast the best I would think

from engrish.com it's full of this stuff.

That website is great.... of course, not as great as thaivisa.com, but almost as good...

my favorite there was: "please don't get nervous on a tatami mat", in Nagoya.

Another great source for this is the Far Eastern Economic Review, in their Travellers Tales section and for years Nuri Vittachi, based in Hong Kong ran some very humorous commentary too. Though the online site is subscription only, you can still see some of these on their blog here:

http://www.feer.com/tales/?cat=4

They also have funny stories from around the region. Their latest one about Thailand was the recent story about Thai hi-so ladies learning how to do erotic dance.

I can't back this up with a picture (for the millionth time I wish I could).

However, in Pattaya in 1997, went out to dinner at a restaurant with mates. The restaurant had one of those menu's with 300 items, each with a photo. Now this particular menu was a plastic laminated photo album with actual photo's of the dish supplied with a description & price. Somebody had removed one photo of a curry & replaced it with a photo of a toilet bowl full of turds.

:o:D

Absolutely Priceless!

Soundman.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

So I guess it doesnt really matter as long they get the first and last right

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

rdus, pselae etgnihlen us. Werehs the ctnoniecon wtih Ptaayta?

rdus, pselae etgnihlen us. Werehs the ctnoniecon wtih Ptaayta?

I was mreley saitng taht it deosnt maettr if the sgins are seplt wrnog you konb jcokey. Puls I tuotgh it was wired

Funniest sign I have ever seen is all around these days.It is a white board with a red stop sign on it and some lines in thai written which probably say"stop smoking it's bad for your health".Bottom line is in english and says,we sell cigarettes at this location.