Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

Just now, BangkokReady said:

I'm not sure what's triggering you. If they want it, they want it. 

My question was whether it's seen a "buying the girl" if the circumstances are as I described. I wasn't asking if that type of girl wants to be with an older foreign guy. That was never in question.

So, while I appreciate your thoughts, your negative attitude is largely wasted on this discussion.

Triggered lol righto hahaha. Yes mate your exactly right and it will turn out exactly as you expect. There better now? I dont believe i was negative once. Being with a falang for the most part is not any sort of status upgrade. People have lived here many years and still dont underatand the many  intricacies of Thai culture (ive been here 22 and i dont get all of it) and yes, surprise surprise the vast majority of Thai women would prefer to be withThai men. If any of that sounds negative thats on you. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, starky said:

Anyone that has been here long enough knows that the industry is changing "long times" are not a preferred option, girls have far more options and choices and the sheer arrogance of thinking that most 50-60-70 year olds are gonna roll in here and find a life partner who is 20-30

You obviously haven't been on lower Sukhumvit since Covid. It is choc a bloc with girls in their twenties hand in hand with men in their 50's and up. With the Covid economic fallout we have the return of something that vanished around 2005.

Edited by mokwit

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So, what do you think?

You are obsessed with marriage and having children as part of the equation. 

Relationships are best if woman is financed on a per diem basis ????????????

Makes it easy for both if they want/need/find someone else

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And some don't, which is OK. You don't need to stress over it. ✌️

Im not stressed champ this is hilarious stop projecting. Now get out there and get them young fillies hos. Sure youll be swimming in them. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

You obviously haven't been on lower Sukhumvit since Covid. It is choc a bloc with girls in their twenties hand in hand with men in their 50's and up. With the Covid economic fallout we have the return of something that vanished around 2005.

Married any yet? ????????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skallywag said:

You are obsessed with marriage and having children as part of the equation

I know. Its terrible. I am a broken man. Life could be so much simpler. ????

A life tragically wasted by this foolish drive. A worthless slave to morality. ????‍♂️

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wait, do you think that a girl educated at a university in Thailand is either from a wealthy family or, due to having a degree, is going to go on to have a career where they become wealthy?

I think either you have a different idea of what wealthy is or you are drastically overestimating the value of a Thai degree.

Many who get a Thai degree will go on to work basic office jobs. Few will become wealthy.

Well, they would be able to support themselves without having to marry a rich older foreign guy , which was my point  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, starky said:

No i think i stated quite clearly that a university educated Thai girl of that age probably isnt looking for some git 20 years her senior as a life partner. 

Hmmm... I don't think that's what you said, but I guess the truth is coming out now. Teeheehee.

Did I put git on the list? Perhaps I should have done.

Edited by BangkokReady

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well, they would be able to support themselves without having to marry a rich older foreign guy , which was my point  

Sure, I understand that, but there was more than that one thing on the list. Also the question was actually about whether that would be seen as buying, not whether that was possible. But i appreciate your input. It's all interesting.

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

18 to 22 year olds everywhere are mature of body but not of life and worldly experiences, particularly with much older partners. This is particularly true of Thai girls who in many cases are still living at home with their parents.

And that is exactly the reason why they are perfect wives, particularly with older partners, because they are still learning and accepting "reality" like it is.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, starky said:

No i think i stated quite clearly that a university educated Thai girl of that age probably isnt looking for some git 20 years her senior as a life partner. 

Possibly not as a life partner, but there are plenty of Thai girls AT university who are advertising their services as sideline girls. And plenty of mostly older Thai men availing themselves.

The deal is, while they are getting a fairly useless degree, the guy pays for their fees and living expenses, in return getting as much sex as he can handle from a 20-something. One estimate I read said about one-third of female students are thus supported through university.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

It was a while back i was listening to a conversation she was having with a cousin, who was having the usual stuff, hot flashes, mood swings, loss of sexual desire, etc etc.

Mrs G was trying to explain to her how natural this was, yet her cousin's total ignorance was astounding.

I think at least, in the West women talk to each other about this, but not so sure the same is true in Thailand

Why do you think in Thailand women don't talk about that? It seems to me they talk about everything.

But I guess not many 20 or 30 year old women will join those discussions because that condition is far far away. They can still talk about it and join the discussion when they are 40 or 50.

13 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Any man marring a woman 20 years his junior should choose one with poor eye sight, and hopefully you are loosing your hearing, that way as you age, she does have to see you, and you don't have to hear her ????

I think we would hope for at least one thing to be poor; her taste in men!

(Joke)

22 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And some don't, which is OK. You don't need to stress over it. ✌️

Don't or pretend don't ? Or cannot access the Thai men with the same level of revenue?
I remember an old friend who lived here long before me. He was CFO of Carrefour Supermakets. I saw him in London at this time and he was "broken heart" because his Thai model gf  broke up with him. He told me, with the same level of revenue, a girl here will always choose the Thai man. 
I know, girls here are very good to make men believe they are a mix of Brad Pitt & Rocco Siffredi ! Thai men are unfaithful, go gambling, not taking care of them blablabla. The same girls which are complaining that the wealthy foreigners are butterfly !! 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do you think in Thailand women don't talk about that? It seems to me they talk about everything.

Could be be loss of face to either admit you are going through it and losing your youth/fertility, or it's a case of not wanting to look stupid for not knowing about it.

Also, the Thai education system doesn't rally make people inquisitive.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And that is exactly the reason why they are perfect wives, particularly with older partners, because they are still learning and accepting "reality" like it is.

Especially when you take into consideration how are the young Thai men in the rural / small cities in Thailand, being drunk very often, diying in motorbike accidents, or ending up in prison following a serious fight with guns, knives...or because of drugs problems...
Have you ever check that it is a time some girls go with a Tomboy?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Marsupienemi said:

He told me, with the same level of revenue, a girl here will always choose the Thai man.

Of course, one's own experiences will shape reality as we recognize it.

But a guy of this calibre being dumped, would he have enough self-reflection if it was purely his bruised ego speaking, or is it a factual evaluation of things?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, starky said:

The whole problem i seem to find with this thread is old men talking about an age that is nearly gone in Thailand except for the most desperate. Anyone that has been here long enough knows that the industry is changing "long times" are not a preferred option, girls have far more options and choices and the sheer arrogance of thinking that most 50-60-70 year olds are gonna roll in here and find a life partner who is 20-30- however many decades their junior is riduculous to me. 

Just have fun and remember youll never lose your girl only your turn.

If only one in ten of the short time girls is willing to have a long time relation then that is still enough of girls for all of us.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I was 39 she was 21. It was a good and bad 6 year marriage. The good things are obvious of being with a young lovely Thai girl. The negatives are that you have to of course, to some degree,  take on the role as older guy. Tell her she is beautiful. Go shopping etc. Fun at first but not after a while. After we broke up I had a short relationship with a not so pretty girl. It was actually refreshing to feel like an equal. I have had friendships with women my own age and culture and it can be nice too to discuss things happening now, and in the past, without feeling a  bit old and boring. On the other side it was  good not to talk with the ex about news or the past as it's all just talk and who cares. 

My ex wife and I are good friends. She is now 37 and has many of the habits I had at 39.  It's nice to be with a young and pretty but a bit tedious over the years being in the older guy role. 

A Lou Reed song lyric puts it perfectly, can't remember the name of the song, but it's on the Transformer album...

" you keep, hanging round me,

I'm not, so glad you found me,

you still do the things that I gave up years ago"...

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Like, you can get a young educated woman from a village with limited life experiences and you can teach her that you are always right about everything and everything you do is acceptable and you can teach her that you are the master who cannot be questioned ?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, starky said:

your delusional. You think a university aged Thai woman will be happier with a farang 20 years plus her senior than with a Thai....?

Are all university aged Thai women same same?

Some will prefer Thai men, some Japanese, some farangs, and and and