Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am somewhat bemused by men who say they have been cheated out of their assets here, Thai family law compared to the West makes it easy to exercise self-preservation.

What they are usually talking about is falling for the "Darling, we are just throwing money away not investing in land right now, it is skyrocketing." type thing. Bang, once she buys land in her name with your money that's it, the money is now de facto hers (if she even bought the land with the money that is).. This particular one may be less used with increased fund scrutiny but there are variations - the business that never quite makes money and needs constant infusions of cash - the alternative is to lose the sunk costs if it closes.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Call it love, call it habit, but it's a type of bonding that transcends the self centered origins of the pairing.

You may be right. Relationships change with time. My GF was very shy at first, then became quite uninhibited once she realized I would never hurt her> As the sex has slowed down, there is more affection on display. It's also a matter of getting used to one another's quirks.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Among the Thai population, 20-30 year age differences are also uncommon , Thais generally partner up with people of a similar age .

Its mainly Western/Thai partnerships where theres a big age difference .

It's a bit more complicated, let's say that they marry a woman of their age range, but we all know that they are unfaithfull. In case you don't know : 
- Mia Yai : The official wife
- Mia Noi : The concubine, I met a friend of my ex, she was the Mia Noi N°1 of the bodyguard of a local Mafia in Nakhon Sri Thammarat who has been killed, the guy had 10 Mia Noi. She was living in his house with his Mia Yai, had a baby with him. But it's not free...you must give money to the Mia Yai, she told me 50 000thb/month. Ask a Thai girl if you can have 1+ Mia Noi, it's actually very funny.
- The Geek: A girl you pay the room and give her extra money, in exchange, you can come to pay her a visit whenever you want. 

Not all the Thais can afford Mia Noi & Geeks but I am not sure they are rules, like I am not sure they do care of the age of the girl actually. 
On Thai Friendly, some 20yo girls are clearly looking for "sugar daddy" for different raisons. To pay their university, because they live alone with a young child (no parents to take care of them) and are in a very fragile situation, because they want the luxury life...
I'm 53, broke up 2 years ago with my gf, she was 34 and for the past 20 years all my gf were about 30 (not only in Thailand, in France too). It's not a choice, it happened like that. Actually if I like a girl, she can be from 20 to 45 I don't care...as they become crazy when they turn 50, I avoid this age range...????
There is something that I realized recently : The difference between a 30 to 40+ Thai woman. The 40+ looks like very old style, with a huge gap of generation. Or it's a game they play to show that they are now women, not girls any more...they play so many games anyway...
That's what I do prefer in their description on dating websites..."no play game"....what a sense of humor!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So it is kind of sex for money now, then later it will become care for money?

At this point, it's both.

If I had 1000 baht for every Thai woman I have met who asked me if I already had a GF or wife, I'd be driving the latest BMW. And it is not because I am hansum man.

To a certain stratum of Thai women, farangs are much more desirable partners than Thai men. Given the treatment they get, I can't say I am surprised.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So it is kind of sex for money now, then later it will become care for money?

You never heard "farang has to pay" ? 
You never heard about the dramas? Until you prefer leaving because you are scare to murder her and then she "get" all you stuff? 
I think many of you should really read the book Private Dancer, it will open your eyes about many things...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Exactly what I thought.  You could probably live comfortably on 70k and bank the rest.

That kind of pension has to be from a very well paid job for a long time.

If he has 270k per month then it is unlikely that he could live comfortable on 70k.

I know an ex banker with a huge pension who lives in Thailand. I remember when he said something like: I can't imagine how anybody in Thailand can live with less than 100k per month. I am sure he really though like that. I mentioned to him that there are even people who live on less than 10k per month in Thailand. And he had this "you must be joking" look on his face.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marsupienemi said:

I think many of you should really read the book Private Dancer, it will open your eyes about many things...

Private Dancer is a novel and, while entertaining if not particularly well written, fiction.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Marsupienemi said:

.as they become crazy when they turn 50, I avoid this age range...????

That's because with the level of sex education Thai women get here, they don't understand menopause is a natural event. I spent quite some time explaining the changes she was going through to my GF.

I prefer older women, as long as they stay in shape. Can't remember the last time I used a condom.

With the younger ones, only Buddha knows what they were doing the night before.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Private Dancer is a novel and, while entertaining if not particularly well written, fiction.

It is based on real places and real people.

And all together it is known as the best non-fiction fiction - when you know what I mean.

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My GF was very shy at first

I think the shyness can often by shyness that other people might somehow know. I have found that pointing out that we are in a room alone and nobody else will know or see what we do can overcome inhibitions - the inhibitions were social not sexual.

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I think the shyness can often by shyness that other people might somehow know. I have found that pointing out that we are in a room alone and nobody else will know or see what we do can overcome inhibitions - the inhibitions were social not sexual.

That's why someone invented nurse and maid uniforms. When the girl wears them then she is playing someone else - without her own restrictions. ????

sexy-costumes-16.jpg.f692c75400f2383670dd7fd6cf196642.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But I think we should keep in mind our limited understanding of females in general, Thais in general, and then female Thais.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rumsfeld

Not sure exactly what he was talking about.  Could be Thai women.  Could be something else. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My ex had the following idea.

She was 36 and her sister 35.

Sister divorced,  1 child. She had many farangs, a bit older then her. She was looking for a serious relationship.
All those younger guys, english, german, indian... they all liked her but not to marry her, no. Just bumbum

As she saw that she wouldn't get anywhere, she started dating a 65 year old (ugly) german which she finally married and moved to Germany.

Her sister (my ex) was on the hunt as well. 

She didn't want a thai man. She thought foreigners are much better, take good care, big money etc.

She finally settled with the 66 year old german (brother of her sister's husband).

She went to visit this guy (even uglier than the other one).

She was not looking for love. She wanted someone to take care (financially) of her and her family.

She lasted 3 months on visitor visa in Germany before she came back.
Bum bum with this older guy (needed some sort of pump to bring Johnny up in the air).

When I met her, she was 37. I stayed with her for a while.
She always told me to stay away from sites like Asean etc. People only talk dirty and bad about Thai women 555

She knew that I knew much to much.

She didn't like that I knew about sinsod and all those things.

She always mentioned that thai women prefer men 60 and up.

Farang because all farang have money. The older the better. Probably house paid and a big pension.

Maybe not living for a long time anymore 555

After a while, I had enough of her constant moaning how bad things are and that I do not buy this and that.
All her friends who have farang, especially in germany get at least 50,000baht pocket money lol.
I told her many times. Please make a video call. I want to see this villa, pool, big car, nanny etc.

Never ever someone accepted her video calls. Probably cleaning hotel rooms or working in massage shop.

All about face. They go with big dreams abroad and when they live a very modest life, they want to keep appearance up, at least on social media.

When she was constantly talking about her old german and how good he was, I started packing her stuff and off you go.

She told me many times that she lost important time with me. Now she is old and has nothing.
I didn't buy her land, house, truck etc..

I just answered: unlucky you. You found a guy too smart and not willing to play your game.
Off you go and try to find an innocent idiot who believes the game of poor lady, I will take care of you handsome man.

Last thing I was hearing about her: still chasing old farang and hoping a prince will come along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It relates a story who actually happened to many people (with different ending). The interesting part is the different characters point of view and clues to know what is the reality of your relationship. People can be so naive when they want/need to believe, especially when they come once or twice a year. It hasn't been written to get the nobel prize of litterature ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

My ex had the following idea.

She was 36 and her sister 35.

Sister divorced,  1 child. She had many farangs, a bit older then her. She was looking for a serious relationship.
All those younger guys, english, german, indian... they all liked her but not to marry her, no. Just bumbum

As she saw that she wouldn't get anywhere, she started dating a 65 year old (ugly) german which she finally married and moved to Germany.

Her sister (my ex) was on the hunt as well. 

She didn't want a thai man. She thought foreigners are much better, take good care, big money etc.

She finally settled with the 66 year old german (brother of her sister's husband).

She went to visit this guy (even uglier than the other one).

She was not looking for love. She wanted someone to take care (financially) of her and her family.

She lasted 3 months on visitor visa in Germany before she came back.
Bum bum with this older guy (needed some sort of pump to bring Johnny up in the air).

When I met her, she was 37. I stayed with her for a while.
She always told me to stay away from sites like Asean etc. People only talk dirty and bad about Thai women 555

She knew that I knew much to much.

She didn't like that I knew about sinsod and all those things.

She always mentioned that thai women prefer men 60 and up.

Farang because all farang have money. The older the better. Probably house paid and a big pension.

Maybe not living for a long time anymore 555

After a while, I had enough of her constant moaning how bad things are and that I do not buy this and that.
All her friends who have farang, especially in germany get at least 50,000baht pocket money lol.
I told her many times. Please make a video call. I want to see this villa, pool, big car, nanny etc.

Never ever someone accepted her video calls. Probably cleaning hotel rooms or working in massage shop.

All about face. They go with big dreams abroad and when they live a very modest life, they want to keep appearance up, at least on social media.

When she was constantly talking about her old german and how good he was, I started packing her stuff and off you go.

She told me many times that she lost important time with me. Now she is old and has nothing.
I didn't buy her land, house, truck etc..

I just answered: unlucky you. You found a guy too smart and not willing to play your game.
Off you go and try to find an innocent idiot who believes the game of poor lady, I will take care of you handsome man.

Last thing I was hearing about her: still chasing old farang and hoping a prince will come along.

"Bum bum"?  Did both sisters only do anal?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I recently saw a video with psychologists and the question (in general) came up: What do you want? Many people answer they want a lot of money.

Then the psychologist in the video explained that that is basically no answer. It says something like: I don't know what I want. First I want money and if I have money then I can take my time and think about what I want and how I will spend that money.

It would be good if more people would think further than "I want a lot of money". Because if they would think further then maybe they think that they want a house and a quiet life with a decent husband (just an example).

But if they don't think far enough and maybe they have or can have a decent guy and a quiet life then many still dream about having lots of money. What can I do that this guy gives me lots of money. For what?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I would suggest : I just answered: Unluky you, You haven't found a guy desperate for "love" and attention because in his country, women turn their back on him. 
That's where the danger is. If you are not looking to build/buy a family they can't really catch you. 

• Like 1

At least 30 year age lower is my guideline.

So many males here will justify their old wives closer to their age; while they look, desire and envy the guys with the much younger women.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

First I want money and if I have money then I can take my time and think about what I want and how I will spend that money.

I believe it is logical. 
If you take the Thais : They don't like us. They envy us. They envy our lifestyle. And this is true in all the countries which are at the same level of developpement. The new middle class wants to consume and is completely over-indebted!
Now look on social medias: All the questions that revolve around "I want to win X figures", "how to become a millionaire in 1 year"...
When in fact, we regressed in 1 generation. The generation of my parents and those of my friends had an apartment in a ski resort, a house by the sea, even a country house.
But the governments understood that the leisure society was not profitable. The more money you earn, the more free time you want to enjoy it and the less productive you are.
So they invented the crisis or crises to be more precise. It's fabulous how well they follow one after the other. This golden generation sold everything and left us nothing.
We only know the crisis permanently and our standard of living compared to that offered to us by our parents has strongly regressed.
So yes, people are obsessed with money.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's why someone invented nurse and maid uniforms. When the girl wears them then she is playing someone else - without her own restrictions. ????

sexy-costumes-16.jpg.f692c75400f2383670dd7fd6cf196642.jpg

I have a minor headache.
Is she on duty today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

I'm not. I'm obsessed with staying in good health, and time.

Money is only a tool to me, as long as I can live comfortably I don't need more.

I totally agree with you, actually I don't care of money, never had savings, never wanted to buy a house, I like to spend it, had up and down in my life, which makes me appreciate the up, but I am more focus on enjoying what I do and having a balanced life

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you missed it, this was/is about a Thai businessman with much younger wife and girlfriends for many years. Which, according to some people here, doesn't happen.

There must have been at least hundreds of people who knew about this situation, because it was very public, and it seems nobody cared. 

This is a fact and I report it as a fact. It has nothing to do with my opinion. 

We are talking about whether things are common or not, we aren't talking about whether anythings ever happened before .

I did say that it was uncommen for Thais to marry much younger Wifes , I didnt say that its never happened before